• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Two Letter Sequence Followed by a Phone Call

I've done it for funeral Preneed. I'm very unorganized at tracking results and comparing them to one letter or 3 letters though (yes I've done 3 letters also)
with 2 letter you want the first letter to present the problem. I would have the letter short and get to the point quickly. Include a brochure for the people to read more that are interested. Always include a postage paid reply card in every letter.
Letter 2 goes out 7 days later. It introduces you as the solution and builds some credibility for you. Include a magnet business card and as always a reply card.
3 days after letter #2 you call.
It's amazing how many people are receptive to you but not all are ready to meet right now. A few will allow you to set an apointment, a few more will show interest but want to work on their own time frame. You put those in your prospect farm (nudge letters every 45 days and follow up call at least twice a year.)
this is the main way I marketed myself for 10 years.

We are also working on a new experimental method, where we are datamining listings services like craigslist, to find an approachable target / person.
Like someone who is selling a home.
We have a few free services that we could offer them as a way of engaging them, such as a free web site or appraisal.
Once you give them something free that could help them. They would be open minded to discuss other services.
There is a technology component the make finding their phone number and email quickly and within a targeted area.
And also an automation componet that couls be added, once we've tweaked the approch / strategy.
I believe this could be very productive once we get it perfected.

Does anyone have any experience with "warming" up a list of "cold" ltci prospects with a couple of letters and then calling to set an appointment?

I can't believe that people are still using direct mail.

But, I guess there are some people who still don't have cell phones or use ATM's.

I can't believe that people are still using direct mail.

But, I guess there are some people who still don't have cell phones or use ATM's.

I haven't used an ATM in 20-years. I do have a cell phone. And believe it or not people still read their mail.

Any veteran LTC producers out there who use or have used direct mail and or internet leads ? If so, what mail/lead Co's have you used ?

Did you guys use letters you created yourselves or did you purchase/mold them off pre-existing letters?

Anyone try this Brian Maroevich's(insurance-leads-advisor)letter package? If they're any good, I could modify them as needed for P&C and do a mailing system with periodic calls. Drip marketing, but snail mail. I'd rather invest in some great letters that need a little changing than craft my own, if I don't have to. Of course, if they're junk/not worth the price, then I'll move on.

Back