UHC-AARP A2O Level 1 Status

I wish their (and all carriers) minimums would be higher-keeps out the riffraff and would allow carriers to focus on the producers who actually write with them.

I wish their (and all carriers) minimums would be higher-keeps out the riffraff and would allow carriers to focus on the producers who actually write with them.

If you are that good, why do you need a carrier to focus on you? You shouldn't need any hand holding. Also, your loyalty should be to your client and not the carrier. So, if company A raises it's premiums 20% and company B is now the better option, you will stick with company A in order to make the trip or get a new golf shirt?
It's the riffraff that stick with one company no matter what to meet those minimums.

Sent from my iPhone using InsForums

If you are that good, why do you need a carrier to focus on you? You shouldn't need any hand holding. Also, your loyalty should be to your client and not the carrier. So, if company A raises it's premiums 20% and company B is now the better option, you will stick with company A in order to make the trip or get a new golf shirt? It's the riffraff that stick with one company no matter what to meet those minimums. Sent from my iPhone using InsForums

I think you misinterpreted aheff's meaning in his post.

I think you misinterpreted aheff's meaning in his post.

I'm not necessarily referring to him either.
Not everyone who doesn't meet minimums is riffraff and not everyone who meets minimums is riffraff. My point is that maybe one year your business focus has shifted to another area and you aren't writing a lot of med sups. It's wrong for UHC to punish people for not pushing their product.

I'm not necessarily referring to him either. Not everyone who doesn't meet minimums is riffraff and not everyone who meets minimums is riffraff. My point is that maybe one year your business focus has shifted to another area and you aren't writing a lot of med sups. It's wrong for UHC to punish people for not pushing their product. Sent from my iPhone using InsForums

Why is it wrong? The carrier can decide to do business however they want. There are plenty of carriers who cancel an agent's contract when they don't submit any business over a period of time. And there are others who have production requirements. If that company isn't a fit for an agent because the agent's focus has changed, why should the agent care if their contract is cancelled?

The only problem I have with the minimum requirement here is that their plan is not well priced in Massachusetts. The only people who will purchase the plan are the ones who insist on getting "the AARP one". Luckily, I do enough business in NH where they are one of the best options that I'm not worried about the quota.

Why is it wrong? The carrier can decide to do business however they want. There are plenty of carriers who cancel an agent's contract when they don't submit any business over a period of time. And there are others who have production requirements. If that company isn't a fit for an agent because the agent's focus has changed, why should the agent care if their contract is cancelled?

I'm only concerned about losing residual income.
As long as I don't lose that I'm fine with it.

As far as I know, they don't take residuals away if you fail to meet the production requirements. I think the whole thing is just dumb but I hate that I'll be banned and MAYBE they'll be the best option in the future. For where I sell, they're just not competitive.

I just got permanently deauthorized, and am thinking about appealing. Not on the basis that I made the minimum (because I didn't), but I was thinking about just asking them to look at the 10 or so I have on the books, how they are all active and in good standing (and have been for a few years now), and seeing if they will do me the favor of allowing me to keep the contract. I don't understand why they would want to get rid of an agent that writes 2-3 policies/year. You would think that would be worth more to them than whatever costs they think they are cutting by getting rid of you.

Has anyone tried and succeeded in getting an appeal?

Like others have said, AARP is rarely the best deal, but I'd like to keep them for what I've always used them for -- a backup for those I run into who are really sick and can't qualify for anything else.

I already contacted my FMO, and he said renewals are safe as long as you continue to certify.

I just got permanently deauthorized, and am thinking about appealing. Not on the basis that I made the minimum (because I didn't), but I was thinking about just asking them to look at the 10 or so I have on the books, how they are all active and in good standing (and have been for a few years now), and seeing if they will do me the favor of allowing me to keep the contract. I don't understand why they would want to get rid of an agent that writes 2-3 policies/year. You would think that would be worth more to them than whatever costs they think they are cutting by getting rid of you.

Has anyone tried and succeeded in getting an appeal?

Like others have said, AARP is rarely the best deal, but I'd like to keep them for what I've always used them for -- a backup for those I run into who are really sick and can't qualify for anything else.

I already contacted my FMO, and he said renewals are safe as long as you continue to certify.

I would suppose that would be their point that they don't want agents that give them only the clients that cost them the most.

I don't have an issue with them because I sell in multiple states, However I can see if I only sold in states where they are not as competitive they would be hard to stay in good standing with.

Defiantly a bummer. I understand your point and I understand theirs
Also I understand how it can negatively impact what a prospect is offered.
Just the same way a company can negatively impact what a prospect is offered by only giving a 1 time $25 payment for GI buis.

Back