UHC Bringing Back Fitness in Many States

Yep well that is why we have unhealthy people. Even the insurance companies offer incentives to live a healthy lifestyle and to exercise. I guess, since I have been going to the city recreation center, that I have met people who are interested in maintaining this type of lifestyle and do care about the memberships. But for those that do want the memberships which for you is 10% of your business you should know the options that are out there and give those people clear and concise and factual information. I was not provided that when I asked about this Optum Fitness program that UHC has. Shame on that rep and shame on UHC for providing the reps with misinformation.

I agree, I should...and I do know the options for my clients. And I always provide that in writing. I always tell clients about the benefits of the plans, but I also tell them they should never simply take my word for it..they should always have it printed in black and white. I always leave printed information with my clients so they can read it and know exactly what they're signing up for. Incidentally, my comment was mostly directed at the other licensed insurance agents on this Insurance Agent and Brokers forum.

So just out of curiosity, are you going to shop for a different plan in 2019 that offers a gym membership that your Medina Rec center participates in?

Back