UHC Certification - Sell AARP

How did you get a MGA contract?
The best friend of a friend of mine is a Humana and UHC FMO. We also became friends. He told me that if I moved my Secure Horizon's contract to him he'd get me a high contract.

That's when I found out that I needed a release and how the FMO system works. I waited my 6 months and then found out that SH wouldn't give me a better contract.

About 30 days ago they changed the rules and now I have the MGA contract promised about 18 months ago.

I guess that's a long way around the answer. I got lucky.

I expect to write a bunch of their Evercare product in the future. Also, my contract gets me $100 for a PDP enrollment.

Sometimes it now what you know but who you know.

Rick

Last edited:
I called UHC direct and they are sending me the paperwork....this could be very interesting...sorta like the Duke's trying to corner the Orange Juice concentrate market??????????? Where's Beaks at???????:D

Did they change this recently because I was told a year ago that indys could not contract directly but apparently this is no longer the case? So we can contract directly through UHC?

Scott:

I received my package to day to contract with UHC:

Vicki Travers
314-592-7390

You may have to leave a message:

Tom

Tom,

Thanks for the help.

I don't broadcast this because I'm not trying to build an agency, but I have an MGA contract with UHC. If someone posts the street commission, I can try to beat it. But...you won't get any training from me!

Rick

Rick,

I guess I need to find out what the Commission is at all for UNH, I know that when it was "Pacific Care Secure Horizons" the Commision was $400 and there were bonuses, I haven't heard anything about the 08 plans and hadn't even considered UNH until it was mentioned that AARP may let agents sell it. The Agency I am through now has said that AARP benefits will be better than the ones offered by Secure Horizns so I kind of crossed them off the list.

Now, I will keep you in mind..I am in AR and MO and AEP will be on us before you know it.

About 90 days and counting!:biggrin:

Scott

OK Policy Doctor it is tomorrow and we are still waiting...remember your post???? Oh come on now...We all need to eat....LOL

I left a message and an email . I was told that they would send me the information (snail mail) and would divulge no more.

Same guy who was trying to recruit me for zero-premium so I don't know.

Stay tuned.

Sorry guys I have not been on here in a while.

I have a broker referral contract with SH and my fiance is an ICA for UHC selling their MA's. I am making $250 for each lead I give to him that closes. He is making $420 for each app. he closes.

They are actually having a webcast meeting this Wednesday, I do believe, discussing AARP.... so I am going to mark my calendar right now to come and update you guys on what is going on right after the conference.

Back