UHC non-resident agent appointment fees

They are significant, especially the appointment fees, since I am paying appointment fees for like 3 or 4 agents, in multiple states, even though those agents are no longer even licensed. They assigned their commissions to me when they left the insurance business several years ago. Again, I am paying 3 or 4 appointment fees, per state, for commissions which are being sent to one agent (me) apparently because those policies originated from other agents (again those agents are no longer even licensed).

Ask yourself how much commissions do you have to loose? then find how out much is it that you are paying in Non-Resident Fees. also, Tabulate by state how many agents you are getting commissions by state and YANK them if state non-resident fees & continuing ed is overwhelming & burdensome. Save only the states with maximum commissions & least fees.

See what reply you get from UHC Licensing should you enact such cruel move.
Good Luck

If it was moi, I would just keep paying those fees and collecting that almost free money. I know my contract requires licensing and certification to collect renewals but I don’t know OP’s contract. I wouldn’t rock that boat just in case it’s a glitch in UHC’s software. When they take chargebacks, they like to do it in big bites!

Back