Uninsured Seeking Coverage

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
I get a daily report from a lead vendor on the number of leads available and how many met (or missed) my filter criteria. The lead volume fluctuates daily, but I was surprised at the number of leads generated in the last 24 hours.

Total number of leads (for Georgia) was 23. This is a low volume vendor so that number is on the high side, although I have seen it higher on occasion.

Of the 23, two were excluded due to cancer. Five were outside my age filters.

The thing that was most remarkable to me were that 20 of 23 leads did not have insurance at this time.

Of the 23, two were excluded due to cancer. Five were outside my age filters.

The thing that was most remarkable to me were that 20 of 23 leads did not have insurance at this time.

Hopefully the two cancer patients were among the 3 that were insured.

It is amazing the number of folks searching online that have NO health ins. Bob: Question for you... what type of conversion rate do you find on leads that have no current health ins...? (or do you not work those leads). I have never had luck with many leads that are currently uninsured. Sure, they want ins, but not as bad as they want that new car or the dinners out.... it seems.

what type of conversion rate do you find on leads that have no current health ins...?

Most of my leads filter out those who do not have insurance. When I have bought a general mix of leads, insured and uninsured, the conversion rate on uninsured leads is quite low.

My feeling is, if they are not currently paying for insurance they are unlikely to begin paying. There are exceptions of course, but most of the uninsured looking for coverage A) have new medical conditions they want covered, B) figure they can get insurance for $40 per month, or C) both of the above.

The majority of leads will be uninsured.

The majority of leads being sold from top tier companies are affiliate and incentive generated, and that is their target market.

Where is Mike Levy? LOL...

Back