Union Central DI

shooter

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hello everyone.

Not new to insurance but a novice when it comes to DI.
Would union Central be a company you would work with to write white collar DI?

I know everyone talks about Guardian being the best.

I was offered a contract with Union Central without much production.
DI 85% 8% 2-5 7% 6-10
WL 100% 4.5 2-10

How does that compare to Guardian or other big players in white collar DI?

Thanks
Shooter

Good but not the best. 85% comp is pretty high, are you sure that's right? Most companies pay 50-75% first year on DI. Guardian renewals can be as high as 17% and are paid for the life of the policy, so if you start selling a lot of DI that can make a big difference in renewal comp.

Good but not the best. 85% comp is pretty high, are you sure that's right? Most companies pay 50-75% first year on DI. Guardian renewals can be as high as 17% and are paid for the life of the policy, so if you start selling a lot of DI that can make a big difference in renewal comp.

I have the contract in my hand. 85% first year on 3a-6a
75% 2a.

How do I get a contract with Guardian?
Would the commissin be lower?
Is it based on production?

Thanks,
Shooter

Union Central is a great company. I am licensed through them and have nothing but positive things to say about them. They will help you through any situation.

Union Central is a great company. I am licensed through them and have nothing but positive things to say about them. They will help you through any situation.

Have you sold any of their life products?

What market do you find Union Central to be most competitive in?
Dentist, Nurses, Insurance Agents?
The last one was a joke.

Thanks,
Shooter

Yes I have sold a bunch of their Life products.

I have sold to roofers, lawyers and a physicians asst. through Union Central.

I have had some people that had better policies than Union Central could give them. So I told them good work keep that one and asked them what else I could look at.

Yes I have sold a bunch of their Life products.

I have sold to roofers, lawyers and a physicians asst. through Union Central.

I have had some people that had better policies than Union Central could give them. So I told them good work keep that one and asked them what else I could look at.

Great, thanks for the info.

DO you sell any Critical Illness?

Shooter

UC is excellent for white collar. And the contract language is very similar. They are both great choices. BNTRS and I compared contract language between the two policies a while back on another thread, the contracts were very similar.

UC has great white collar worksite/group policies. And are more competitive than Guardian in that arena imo.

Their life side isnt as strong as their DI side. They arent bad products, but they arent the cream of the crop at all. In short, you can find better.

I dont sell their life, but I do sell their DI.

How do I get a contract with Guardian?
Would the commissin be lower?
Is it based on production?

You would appoint through a GA for Guardian's DI, in fact this is where the majority of Guardian's non career agent business comes from.

The FYC would be lower, but there is an ERA schedule that Berkshire specifies that'll get you closer (but not up to 85%).

As scagnt pointed out there is strong contract language within the UC contract. In fact, both UC and the Standard have nicer language regarding how the occupation is defined in the event the insured is unemployed when a disability sets in.

Back