United Teachers Life-No Longer Selling

UTA (United Teachers Life) is no longer offering their final expense plans. Has anyone else heard about this?

That was a big plan for Todd here on the forum. He should be able to give us any details on that.

I know their other FE plans with Great American/ Loyal American have been on again- off again. Hard to keep up with.

That was a big plan for Todd here on the forum. He should be able to give us any details on that.

I know their other FE plans with Great American/ Loyal American have been on again- off again. Hard to keep up with.
Read about it here:
Great American Companies Exit the Final Expense Market

I don't think Todd (TRK) used them as a carrier - he has a LOT of other (better) alternatives.

UTA (United Teachers Life) is no longer offering their final expense plans. Has anyone else heard about this?

Old news. Sources say they are about to partner with RNA to provide FE as a brokerage source through RNA. Sources are confirmed.

Read about it here:
Great American Companies Exit the Final Expense Market

I don't think Todd (TRK) used them as a carrier - he has a LOT of other (better) alternatives.

Todd did use them as a carrier? I loved writing for them because the app was simple and they paid quickly. The carrier said that they didn't accept phone apps but I used them quite a few times with"phone app" in the signature section, and the apps were approved and policies delivered and still on the books.

Yep, I had them but they decided a couple of months ago to stop marketing it.

First they tried to lower the commissions and raise the minimum age levels, but I guess that didn't work good enough for them.

Yes, they are partnering up with RNA. I have absolutely no plans to market them. I've talked with way too many agents that tell me RNA's underwriting has tightetned up so much it's as though they don't want any business. To be fair though, there was one or maybe two agents that have told me they have no problem with them.

Either way, I've got too many other companies that i know are good.

Back