UnitedHealthcare And Connecticut Don't Mix!

A couple choice quotes from the article:

That means Access Health CT will likely open for business this fall with four health plans offering coverage to individuals and small businesses: Anthem, Aetna, HealthyCT and Connecticare.

Only HealthyCT, however, has actually submitted plans with rates to insurance regulators for approval.

Exchange officials said they hope to attract 130,000 customers in the first year, but about 30,000 of those enrollees will likely be eligible for expanded Medicaid coverage.
(That is about a quarter of the expected enrollees)

Evenly distributed, the remainder would equate to 25,000 per carrier...but we all know the lowest priced plans will get the bulk of the business...any bets on who that will be?

UnitedHealth has repeatedly said that they will NOT be participating in the majority of state exchanges.

Lowest priced will NOT get bulk of biz. If u get subsidies, every silver plan is same price based on percentage of income, and then brand and network wins. If go up or down metals, then price may /will make difference, and non subsidized folks. Lowest cost bronze will win.

Lowest priced will NOT get bulk of biz. If u get subsidies, every silver plan is same price based on percentage of income, and then brand and network wins. If go up or down metals, then price may /will make difference, and non subsidized folks. Lowest cost bronze will win.

True. There is not much reason to offer anything except a great Silver plan and the leanest Bronze plan you can offer. Those who receive cost-sharing subsidies (the 250% and under crowd) can only have those subsidies on a Silver plan. The lowest cost Bronze is for budget shoppers. Insurers will probably focus all their marketing skills on those options. The rest of the plans shouldn't get much attention.

The richest Platinum plan is for gamers who get their surgery done (or deliver the baby), then drop the plan. I doubt that we will see many Platinums.

I think I heard once that carriers must sell a Gold, too.

Back