USAA?

Lost a $3M term case to USAA this week on a guy shopping for price only....dumb.

So call him next year when maybe someone else is cheaper, or at least cheaper if he switches now and keeps for the entire term rather than attempts to buy later. Shoppers are usually really predictable, and a sucker for gimmiks. Even if they don't grace you with their hard earned (yet suprisingly easily spent if you know how to work their hook) dollars today, you can always come after them later; they're usually willing to play the game.

People might think I'm terrible for saying that, but anyone who has been in this business, or been in a sales (especially retail) environments before knows what I mean. The ones that try to come off all savvy, are usually the ones who fall for the most simplistic marketing tricks.

So call him next year when maybe someone else is cheaper, or at least cheaper if he switches now and keeps for the entire term rather than attempts to buy later. Shoppers are usually really predictable, and a sucker for gimmiks. Even if they don't grace you with their hard earned (yet suprisingly easily spent if you know how to work their hook) dollars today, you can always come after them later; they're usually willing to play the game.

People might think I'm terrible for saying that, but anyone who has been in this business, or been in a sales (especially retail) environments before knows what I mean. The ones that try to come off all savvy, are usually the ones who fall for the most simplistic marketing tricks.

We keep a pile of these type of leads to do just that....this was of the "my sister's brother's uncle is an estate planning lawyer, I'm smarter than you are, don't have any need for a good conversion option" variety. Maybe he will come back to us when his blood pressure is 3 points too high and they kick him down a couple notches.

This is advice that works for life. Not just sales.:idea:

Back in 1962 when I joined them, they only provided automobile insurance to commissioned officers in the military and the White House staff. As time progressed, they opened up membership to enlisted, added homeowner's, then Life, Investments, etc. Nowadays they are like AARP to the military. By restricting coverage to a premium group of members, their claims are below average, hence they can offer low rates.

Ah but they no longer restrict to that military only catagory...They have a Federally Charterd Bank...You can call up and say you only want to sign up for the bank account they will provide you will memembership then you can use that to buy into other products...They have the lowest Medsup prices in my area...but unless you joined USAA within a certain time of leaving the service you can't buy into them later....I'm not telling everyone of the hole in memembership rules.

What are they all about. Are they competitive in any scenarios? Just had a gal tell me that she got a better quote from them . She is very overweight and I think someone must have quoted her as preferred or standard with USAA but if they are competitive do tell. I don't see them come up on the quote engines, enough to get my attention anyway.

Winter
Good Home and Auto rates.
Medicare Medigap Insurance
Medicare Supplement Insurance
Aetna Humana Blue Cross Blue Shield
American Seniors Insurance
Medigap insurance medicare supplement plan f
Medicare Supplement News

Last edited:
Does USAA offer their products to all military veterans, or just those who retired from the armed forces?

Anyone can get access they just won't tell you that...Call up and say you want to open a bank account only, they will give you a memembership number.

Kind of like a credit union...

CU Rep: "Are you a resident of this town, county, state?"

Me: "No, but I know a number of people who live here."

CU Rep: "Close enough."

Great Customer Service and good products very hard to compete with them. Everything I can get with them I have it.

Back