• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Very Happy With My Rates

I'm in the great state of Florida where the wonderful no-fault laws make auto insurance premiums a nightmare. Even so, cutting comprehensive from $500 to a $50 deductible was negligible in premium cost and made a world of difference to me when I had to file a $1700 vandalism claim

----------

I thought the lower deductible on comp or collision would be a large money difference, at least it was with All State. I will check with ANPAC.
Thanks

Collision is virtually always more expensive to reduce than comprehensive because of the average frequency and severity of a collision claim. That said, with the already very low rating factors used for your premium, I can't imagine it'd be very expensive at all. If it costs you, say, $45 a year to reduce the deductible to $50, then a single claim in 10 years already puts you ahead.

That said, if coming up with $500 on a whim for an unexpected accident is no big deal to you, it's understandable to not bother to look into changing the deductible at all

I thought the lower deductible on comp or collision would be a large money difference, at least it was with All State. I will check with ANPAC.
Thanks

I'd just take a look at the timeline. If it's a $50 premium difference annually for $450 smaller deductible, you have one claim in 9 years and you're coming out on top.

Food for thought...

A $50 deductible is basically going to be begging you to file claims.

You are very fortunate. Still a great rate, and nowhere close to the double digit rate increases in auto we are seeing in SC.
You might consider increasing your rental reimbursement. 25/day will barely get you a subcompact rental car. Unless the rental is not really a concern.

Back