Very interesting discussion on FB how part d plans will sky rocket in 2023 pushing more to mapd

DonP

Guru
1000 Post Club
Some very big agency’s plugged into CO’s are saying carriers can’t make money with the new $2 k part D cap and will sky premiums next yr . CO’s are also sending out letters to part d members pushing mapd to lower drug costs . The govts behind all this pushing more to mapd and carriers love it as they make much more .

Some very big agency’s plugged into CO’s are saying carriers can’t make money with the new $2 k part D cap and will sky premiums next yr . CO’s are also sending out letters to part d members pushing mapd to lower drug costs . The govts behind all this pushing more to mapd and carriers love it as they make much more .

The money for the carrier is MAPD, that seems to be for sure.

EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON THE FB THREAD NEEDS TO LEARN TO READ.

Part of the IRA is a provision that Part D plans cannot increase their premium by more than 6% beginning in 2024.

No wonder CMS thinks and treats agents like we are stupid.

https://www.kff.org/medicare/issue-...-reduction-act-affect-medicare-beneficiaries/

9996-Figure-1.png

Said it before and will say it again. Carriers have more ways to hide money and shift things around so consumers will continue to buy what they are selling. So many ways to preserve profit margin without raising prices.

It's called COST SHIFTING.

Extremely easy to do with a managed care plan. Not as easy but still doable with a PDP.

Said it before and will say it again. Carriers have more ways to hide money and shift things around so consumers will continue to buy what they are selling. So many ways to preserve profit margin without raising prices.

It's called COST SHIFTING.

Extremely easy to do with a managed care plan. Not as easy but still doable with a PDP.

Just like when the Original Part D legislation passed.

#whatsnext

Not entirely sure about that. The premium on my particular PDP went up 34% to a little over $30 per month, but there are 5 plans here with premiums under $20 per month.

I wonder if cost increases to Medicare Beneficiaries aren't coming in other ways, such as: Pharmacies dropping out of preferred status in more plans than prior years (I think I am seeing this with Kroger), Increased costs of medication charges by all plans, Less plans excluding T1 and T2 medications from the deductible, Plans shifting tier levels of medications, and other stuff I'm not smart enough to figure out.

I wonder if cost increases to Medicare Beneficiaries aren't coming in other ways, such as: Pharmacies dropping out of preferred status in more plans than prior years (I think I am seeing this with Kroger), Increased costs of medication charges by all plans, Less plans excluding T1 and T2 medications from the deductible, Plans shifting tier levels of medications, and other stuff I'm not smart enough to figure out

All true . . . and yes, part of the cost shifting game that consumers, and agents, often overlook.

Too many folks look at hard costs (premiums) only and are fooled into believing they are getting a good deal

All true . . . and yes, part of the cost shifting game that consumers, and agents, often overlook.

Too many folks look at hard costs (premiums) only and are fooled into believing they are getting a good deal

Exactly - skinny formularies, smaller networks, more QL and PAs to come.

I'll give it 1 or 2 years before WellCare follows the Elixir / SilverScript playbook and decides no comp on PDP.

PDP may not pay a ton but it's still probably $20k of revenue yearly for me. That's almost a down payment on a basic rental property...

Back