Vimo Questions

Because some agents develop a client instead of slamming a lead.....
We slam no one, if fact just the opposite - we spend most of the day shopping multiple carriers to place peoples wide variety of health issues and see who will take someone with a third arm growing out of their back without waiver. No one would last two days in my operations "slamming" people, because that business as you know does not stick , I would be out of business by now as well.

That is not where I was going with it Sti....

There is clearly a defined pattern of the type of people that call in from radio / t.v. ads.

Either they are specifically targeting that crowd, because that is who calls in and yields higher conversions (of leads) or that is simply who calls those type of ads in the first place, or a little of both.

My question was to see if the "reasons" matched our "reasons"

-Quoted price doesn't match ad price
-No checking or credit card
-Uninsurable

etc., etc., etc.,

I never close people on the 1st call. The leads are exclusive and if they're not interested enough in getting covered to pick up the phone when I call back then I'm glad I didn't sign 'em up on the 1st call.

I use the 1st call to establish rapport and do a pre-qual - then I set up a time to call them back. I call back and just hit their voice mail? That's everything I needed to know.

My question was to see if the "reasons" matched our "reasons"

-Quoted price doesn't match ad price
-No checking or credit card
-Uninsurable

etc., etc., etc.,

All of the above are negative. As far as not closed already, she was not going to be home by the time I could get the quoting done. Busy time of the year in the P & C business, a lot of 1/1/ commercial renewals. Since it was my first call, I forgot to ask how she got to Vimo. But, as I know, it not a great lead until it is approved! Maybe just one with possibilities.

HNY!

For my telemarketed leads, on average it takes me over a week to write the app - sometimes it takes me 2 and a few deals take me over a month.

I do not sell health insurance - I present options, explain the options and they choose. I've never written less than $600,000 in personal business each years in four years which I know isn't knocking it out of the park but it ain't too shabby either. Last year I had 3.....3 policies lapse.

I think it's all personal preference. There's really no "wrong" method to selling health insurance - as long as the client is getting a solid plan and understands the plan you're doing just fine.

For me, I do not feel comfortable with "one shot one kill" closes. I really don't know how most agents can possibly close on the 1st call. When you do a very in-depth pre-screen over 90% of your clients have some type of pre-ex condition to note on the application. Actually, when you do a very in-depth pre-screen most people don't qualify.

only up to 70 leads

That should be enough to tell if you are wasting your $$$ or not. I usually give a new source 40 leads although there are some I fired before we ever got that far.

All of the above are negative. As far as not closed already, she was not going to be home by the time I could get the quoting done. Busy time of the year in the P & C business, a lot of 1/1/ commercial renewals. Since it was my first call, I forgot to ask how she got to Vimo.

She heard a radio ad - based on what you described.

Peeler,

Sorry for the slow response. I've been traveling a bit and don't monitor the forum that frequently. We don't have anything to hide, so feel free to ask here, or better yet, give us a call. Every sales rep has a list of the conditions we screen for.

We removed credit requests because every broker has a different definition for a "qualified lead." Since we give you the ability to name your price in our system, we prefer to connect live calls and screen as best as we can, and let market dynamics take over. We have some brokers that pay $30 per call and never consider returning one because their ROI makes sense. Others spend $60 per call and attempt to return 90% of them.

In order to have a true bidding system, we just need everyone to place a bid that makes sense (including the leads that lie about their medical conditions, can't afford, etc). It's also extremely expensive to get a live person on the phone and there is no shelf life or shared capacity like internet leads, so we can't transfer the prospect and have it returned later.

no shelf life or shared capacity like internet leads,

Is that why 5 OnDemand leads showed up in my mailbox at 6 AM on New Years Day?

Sounds to me like they have a shelf life . . . along with the shared leads that also show up at 6 AM en masse.

Back