Voicemails... Do You Leave One? What's Your Script?

Don't sell med supps unless I occasionally run across someone that needs one. Haven't got that memo yet though... Last time I checked, we were among the cheapest Plan Fs in the state.

The memo was on 2/24/2010. 28% rate hike in TN effective April 1.

I'm not joking about saying that either, I'm calling up all the people I sold United of Omaha med supps to and offering to roll them into a different policy before they get the rate increase letter, already got 4 referrals by doing that today. It's literally nothing against MOO, but I don't work for MOO, so I'm just doing what is best for the client.

They're so happy that their agent called and let them know BEFORE they got the shock in the bank account or a letter they didn't expect you wouldn't believe it.

Do you find that now, in 2013, people are generally unresponsive to voicemails at best and and worst, annoyed by them?

Yes and No. I do leave voicemails behind and some people actually do respond good or bad. I tend to leave a brief detailed message with my call to give them an idea what it is about, even with leads.

Personally I hate people who just leave their name and number because I could be working on the problem or question and have it solved for my call back, saving both of us time. I make sure I leave a purpose for the call.

I leave them fairly regularly. One tip is to always say your number twice. It can be really frustrating when you listen to a message and then don't catch the number because I didn't have my pen ready and then have to listen to the whole thing over.

If they are true cold leads that is still just a waste of time.
Leave the ball in your court, hang up and call them back at a different time

Telemarketers probably don't need to leave a message on marketing lists, but if an agent calls a lead, I would instruct him to leave a message, rather than hanging up like a teenage girl.

Actually, I find it irritating when a number appears on my phone over and over again with no message. If they do call again and I answer, my mind is already made up.

Telemarketers probably don't need to leave a message on marketing lists, but if an agent calls a lead, I would instruct him to leave a message, rather than hanging up like a teenage girl.

Actually, I find it irritating when a number appears on my phone over and over again with no message. If they do call again and I answer, my mind is already made up.
The calls that I make are to PC clients to get their business with Life and Health. Not too big an area so they recognize the name of the company immediately.

One of the company policies is to never leave a call with a hang-up, at least leave a vm. I agree that I have a tendency to either ignore or have a negative answer when I see the repeat calls from the same number.

Back