Website Feedback, please?

Re: Website Feedback...Assuming the Fetal Position.

I like the layout a lot, but I'm not too crazy about the black background. In my opinion it's the wrong color to use for a website that is trying to sell something.

The Meaning of Colour in Web Design

Also, some of your pages have a bit of an annoying nervous twitch when opened in IE8. I may be wrong but I think it might be because of how IE8 see's the UL's on those pages. If that is indeed the case, your web designer should be able to fix the issue with some creative CSS hacks. Can someone that knows more about CSS confirm this? Whatever it turns ou to be, your web designer should have corrected this before going live with your site. On smaller monitors it's not very noticable but to those with larger monitors it's very distracting.

Good luck to you!

Agree with Kurt's opinon on the 'dark' background, you should try to use something more 'light' dark has a negative feeling as one may assume.

Just take a look around at 10 other insurance sites you like, see if any of them have black, i'd bet they don't. You can find a designer for really cheap, sometimes as low as a coupel hundred bucks, not a bad investment imo, if you plan on keeping your agency/services online.:1baffled:

Nice looking site. If you want to get real nit picky I'd work on the spacing with your main nav bar (Home, Insurance Products, etc.) They are a bit uneven at least in Firefox.

Also, I'd recommend creating some content on separate pages for each of the communities you serve. Would be good for your SEO.

Back