Well Just Got My First Threat....

Here's the deal with preventing DNC complaints:
1) Be a live person, not a robo caller (or using a dialer).
2) If they say "We're on the DNC list" your response is: "I apologize. I'll update my records immediately. Thank you for your time."
3) Maintain your own DNC list and DON'T call them again!

In short: Don't piss people off!

Pretty simple.

Thanks!!!

I for sure have been doing #2 & #3 but might I ask, (I could see the issue people have with robo caller) but what is wrong with using a dialer?

In short: Don't piss people off!

I can't control crazy though.....

Some people just wake up pissed

I called one lady....and could tell by her tone she was pissed and offered to connect with her another time. I understand calling them out of the blue may be interrupting whatever they are doing.

Anyhow, she's like 'no...just continue...I just want a quote!"

I inform her that our companies require us to see clients face-to-face

Then the lady becomes enraged and I inform her I have to disconnect the call.

Sometimes you can do your job as respectfully as possible but encounter those 'special' people who are just balls of negative energy

Well damn!!! Thanks for informing as I was not aware.

My manager gave me a stack of D leads starting out and said to call them. Sooooo......not sure why the experienced manager would tell me as a brand new agent to call some old ass D leads if it was illegal to do so. And I don't recall this info being on the licensing tests either.

Glad this forum exists! I think I recall something posted about this very topic I read a few weeks ago so I tried asking the leads department about calling D leads and they emailed me and said since the people filled out a card it was okay to contact them by phone.

I'll try to contact leads department again to see if I can get better clarity on the time frames.

Maybe to be on the safe side I should just door knock D leads? Or how do I check to see if they are on DNC list?

I do plan on getting some b and c leads until I can get the skills and finances for the A leads in very near future.
National Do Not Call Registry

I wish there was a way to turn in the robo calls. They now mask the numbers - I just don't answer a call I don't recognize anymore. They could care less about the DNC list it appears. Lately its car warranties mostly for me, it will probably change to credit cards or taxes soon LOL.
Yep, I don't usually answer if I don't recognize the #, I feel like if it's important, they can leave a message.

The one I get the most is a recorded message in Chinese. Ching chang chow. :twitchy:

Well I guess it’s making more sense.

A small percentage of people I’d call would be screaming “this is a scam!”

In my mind I’m like “what a psycho!”

Then I read a dnc verification company blog and it says that the FTC warned consumers If companies called them despite listing their number on the registry then it is a scam.

I’m just kind of disturbed that the lead company wouldn’t inform us (especially considering there is a new agent everyday who doesn’t know this) to cross check aged leads with a dnc registry. The lead company told me it was fine to call aged leads since they filled out lead card requesting info. They Never said that consent for DNC registry people expired 90 days.

Well I guess I am just glad I’m gaining better knowledge of the legality of dialing leads. This thread is very helpful

Last edited:
After 9
Well I guess it’s making more sense.

A small percentage of people I’d call would be screaming “this is a scam!”

In my mind I’m like “what a psycho!”

Then I read a dnc verification company blog and it says that the FTC warned consumers If companies called them despite listing their number on the registry then it is a scam.

I’m just kind of disturbed that the lead company wouldn’t inform us (especially considering there is a new agent everyday who doesn’t know this) to cross check aged leads with a dnc registry. The lead company told me it was fine to call aged leads since they filled out lead card requesting info. They Never said that consent for DNC registry people expired 90 days.

Well I guess I am just glad I’m gaining better knowledge of the legality of dialing leads. This thread is very helpful
After 90 days you'd better scrub them, and them every 31 days after. It's 180 days on customers, but every time they pay their premium it's a fresh 180 days. :)

Back