Western and Southern

OK went to my 2nd pre contract training class with Western and Southern today. They talk alot about my personal market.(Project 100) Seems like thats where most of my prospects will come from.They talked about vendor leads which I would have to pay for and event marketing.(kool-aid stand). the problem I have is I'm not from the area I live in, so most of the people I know here are neighbors and people I sold cars to. I don't consider that to be warm leads or not as warm as lifelong friends anyway. I also interviewed with American General and was told there are company leads that would be given to me. does this sound right? Any help would be a big help. I'm struggling with which company offers the best opportunity.:goofy:

A long time ago, I worked for AmGen. I was a debit agent. They paid me a weekly salary (About $350/wk) to sit there and study for my license in their office. Two weeks of studying, then I took the test. There was no project 100. That was back in 1991. I worked for a couple other companies after that, ending it all in 1995 when I decided to go back to school.

After my layoff from Corporate He11 last year, I sniffed out AIG/AmGen again. They came up with that project 200 crapola. I almost filled it out. They had a nice salary (which comes from your draw account) AFTER you get licensed and an offer..... and bring your Project 200 list. They said they had company leads and all that, but after asking about them three times, I was told that maybe a few will be tossed my way every week..... maybe.

I was also interviewing with Pru, Ameriprise, and Ed Jones. Same thing. Project 100 or Project 200.

Not going to do that. EVER. I guess it works for some folks, but I just cant beat up on my friends and relatives that way.

I don't have a problem with the project 100. I have my in-laws here which I will tell them up front "don't feel pressured to buy from me" the only problem I have is at Western and Southern it sounds like after I burn through my 100 I'm on my own as far as leads go. I know in this business I'm going to have to prospect alot to make it. I'm in auto sales now and I prospect alot but that doesn't get me sales right now. My question is what company will help me the most with leads?

I don't have a problem with the project 100. I have my in-laws here which I will tell them up front "don't feel pressured to buy from me" the only problem I have is at Western and Southern it sounds like after I burn through my 100 I'm on my own as far as leads go. I know in this business I'm going to have to prospect alot to make it. I'm in auto sales now and I prospect alot but that doesn't get me sales right now. My question is what company will help me the most with leads?

When a one starts, they should take the approach with friends to obtain referrals FIRST, and make sales as needed along the way, SECOND. Making referrals your primary objective has the strange result of producing MORE leads than one can handle, which accelerates one's career. If I were new, I'd ask every person I talked to for 5-15 names and phone numbers. If a prospect wants to give more, I'd take 'em. Less? I'll take what I can get.

If they are really friends and family they want to help you. Bill Bachrach teaches all newbies to "begin with everyone you possibly know, including your family; make them clients because their advisor may not have their best interest at heart to begin with and you will. Make them clients, or get referals from them. Preferably both."

How does one get 15 names? By asking for 15 names!

Is there "new" Universal Protection Policy any good? Any ricks of paying more in the long run? Increase or hidden fees or some sort? Or is it just like the old universal with a different way to sell it?

Back