What Are the Best Short Term Major Med Providers?

There are not very many 64 yr olds who have not been treated for something, diagnosed or had symptoms of, in the prior 5 years. STM is a walking time bomb but even more so with older folks IMO.

I have just started to use the H1 STM. Wrote more STM in the last month or so since it came out than in the previous 6 months.

It is one of the few that do not ask if you have been previously declined for coverage and a "yes" answer is not an automatic DQ.

I am not a fan of STM but sometimes that is your only option short of a mini-med.

Maybe it's just Virginia, but Anthem does not ask a single medical question on their STM. Just how long you want it and what the deductible is. I don't do much STM, but I can't see any reason to use another company with them not asking any questions.

What is the pre-ex clause? There are mini-meds that do not ask questions but still have a 12 month pre-ex with a lookback.

No pre-ex coverage at all. Don't know how they do the post-claims underwriting on it, never had to experience it yet. I might sell one or two a year.

What could Anthemn do with post claims underwriting?

If they don't ask any medical questions, it's their fault for the adverse selection.

If they don't ask any medical questions, it's their fault for the adverse selection.

I don't know. I just know that no pre-ex is covered and there are no medical questions. I'm sure they could investigate if they wanted to.

Investigate what?

With no medical questions on the app, and no special agent uw guide for medical conditions, seems to me you could take uninsurable folks --put em on this Anthem stm, and have em covered for anything not pre ex.

Investigate what?

With no medical questions on the app, and no special agent uw guide for medical conditions, seems to me you could take uninsurable folks --put em on this Anthem stm, and have em covered for anything not pre ex.

You can, but you can also only buy two STM policies in a calendar year. If you choose two 6-month policies, there has to be a 60-day break between them. I don't know how to post a copy of the PDF file application. I can e-mail it to anyone interested.

Anything they want, including denying a claim or rescinding the policy. Just because they did not ask medical questions up front does not preclude them from doing post-issue underwriting.

Back