What brokerages are really good for training a new P&C guy?

ZenSamurai

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
New York
How do you start in P&C preferably as a broker? I'd like to get into this field. I think I'd do well talking about it to coworkers at the hospital. I work a full-time job as a Registered Nurse soI can always tell them I could see if I could save them money on auto insurance and maybe home insurance. Any advice? Any help?

How do you start in P&C preferably as a broker? I'd like to get into this field. I think I'd do well talking about it to coworkers at the hospital. I work a full-time job as a Registered Nurse soI can always tell them I could see if I could save them money on auto insurance and maybe home insurance. Any advice? Any help?

If you are thinking about becoming an agent just to sell home and auto to people you know at work that might be interested, that's going to be a very brief career, and probably won't work out for you.

Generally, your best bet to becoming a broker is to start out at a captive agency like a State Farm, Farmers, or an Allstate office where they train you on the basics. Work there for a year or two until you know the fundamentals, and then you will be able to find brokerage houses that will be interested in you.

If you are thinking about becoming an agent just to sell home and auto to people you know at work that might be interested, that's going to be a very brief career, and probably won't work out for you.

Generally, your best bet to becoming a broker is to start out at a captive agency like a State Farm, Farmers, or an Allstate office where they train you on the basics. Work there for a year or two until you know the fundamentals, and then you will be able to find brokerage houses that will be interested in you.

Do they do those project 250? I'm not good with that. I have no issue buying direct mailers and internet leads as well as talk to friends and family.

Back