What CRM Do You Use? Anyone Try ACT 4 Advisors?

I do commercial P&C and have been playing with freecrm.
It is not really doing it for me....although I really should put more time (which I don't have)into learning it.

What are other comm. P&C folks using with success?

Freddie, I reported your post in hopes that someone would see it and move it to the General Discussion forum where it'll probably get more traffic (since you're not selling anything yourself).

I've used SugarCRM in the past and loved it. It's very powerful, and the open source model is very free. Currently, I use Bento2 for the Mac. Never tried ACT or Frank's, which is Your Insurance Office (YIO).

Thanks. Sorry for posting in the wrong forum. Thanks for trying to get it moved.

I know I'm dredging up an old thread, but just wanted to let everyone know that I have ACT 2010 and really wish I had spent my money on YIO. Unfortunately, the budget's spent and I'm stuck :( Learn from my mistake.

I know I'm dredging up an old thread, but just wanted to let everyone know that I have ACT 2010 and really wish I had spent my money on YIO. Unfortunately, the budget's spent and I'm stuck :( Learn from my mistake.

Huh? Unless Frank raised the price, it's only $299. If you can't find, borrow, or don't have $299 to put into your agency you are seriously under-capitalized... not that you would be the first agent to find their back up against the wall financially.

You might want to check out SugarCRM. It's free. It will "cost" you in "time spent" to learn it and install it, but it might work better for you than ACT (which I've never used.) Or you might just use Free CRM: FreeCRM.com provider of free and secure, web based customer relationship management software until you are in better financial shape and can buy YIO.

Huh? Unless Frank raised the price, it's only $299. If you can't find, borrow, or don't have $299 to put into your agency you are seriously under-capitalized... not that you would be the first agent to find their back up against the wall financially.

You might want to check out SugarCRM. It's free. It will "cost" you in "time spent" to learn it and install it, but it might work better for you than ACT (which I've never used.) Or you might just use Free CRM: FreeCRM.com provider of free and secure, web based customer relationship management software until you are in better financial shape and can buy YIO.

You mistook what I said. I had a budget for a CRM. After spending over $400 on ACT!, that budget is gone. Could have saved $100 and gotten something better.

You mistook what I said. I had a budget for a CRM. After spending over $400 on ACT!, that budget is gone. Could have saved $100 and gotten something better.

Wow. I admire you briko. First, because you established a budget. Second, because you actually keep to it!

If you can continue to do both of the above you will be the richest insurance man on the planet one day!

(I'll be the guy sitting on the hood of your car asking people for spare change... considering the way I budget (or don't!))

Good job. Good discipline. Good way to run an agency. Come run mine!

Wow. I admire you briko. First, because you established a budget. Second, because you actually keep to it!

If you can continue to do both of the above you will be the richest insurance man on the planet one day!

(I'll be the guy sitting on the hood of your car asking people for spare change... considering the way I budget (or don't!))

Good job. Good discipline. Good way to run an agency. Come run mine!

Haha...I found out a long time ago that it's waaay too easy to justify spending more money if there's not a plan to hold me accountable.

What don't you like about ACT? I use it and it works fine.

Takes too long to load and costs too much money to buy the addons I need to get it to do what I want it to do. It works OK, but the YIO demo makes it seem so much simpler than dealing with all the customization and addons.

How do you have yours set up? Any tips?

Latest posts

Back