• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

What % of mapd people actually pay the moop if hit ?

Yes we are talking doctors because we're talking about MOOP. Don't know about Arizona, but down here in South Georgia people aren't running from debt collectors they're hauling ass.

Medical debt is so bad that they've changed the laws on debt collection. Debt collectors now have to wait 180 days instead of the usual 30 days before they can add an unpaid medical debt to your credit file. If medical debt is not a serious problem then why did they change the law?

Im talking about charges while in the hospital . All I know is every single low income client I have or talked to always 100% of the time tells me “ I paid zero “ . Not one has told me “ the dr refused to see me “ . Again I’m talking $25 k or less single and $35 k or less 2 person household . In the end you ain’t got the $ there’s nothing to get .

Im talking about charges while in the hospital . All I know is every single low income client I have or talked to always 100% of the time tells me “ I paid zero “ . Not one has told me “ the dr refused to see me “ . Again I’m talking $25 k or less single and $35 k or less 2 person household . In the end you ain’t got the $ there’s nothing to get .
All that's true because of Medicaid or some other financial aid.

But Somarco and I are talking about everyone. Low, middle and upper income levels. I see what he said and what I said every day.

But Somarco and I are talking about everyone. Low, middle and upper income levels. I see what he said and what I said every day.

I see it weekly with my clients that are neither on Medicaid or lis but are in the lower income category. Of course if you have assets or money they’ll come after possibly . About 14 yrs ago I was sent to the Mayo Clinic . I had United group health under wife . All Mayo drs then were supposedly employees . They checked my ins and I went to 4-5 drs they sent me to in the facility . Well one dr after the fact didn’t take United . I argued with them fir months . Out if principal I refused to pay . It was $3k bill . It dinged my credit 125 pts for 7 yrs but they got nothing and never sued . Same principal with all my peeps . They ain’t paying and nobody gets anything

Last edited:

Medicaid and other financial aid MAY kick in but not always.

Medicaid and charity is not blanket protection for anyone/everyone. Both look at your income and assets. I get calls all the time from folks who are no longer eligible for Medicaid and want to know what they can do. Sometimes their income may only be $10 above the cutoff level. This isn't horseshoes where you catch a break for being close.

Hospital debt is calculated after compensation by carriers, Medicaid, Medicare, charity, etc.

If uncompensated care is no big deal, why did 7 rural Georgia hospitals close between 2010 & 2020? As of January, 2021 there were 26 rural hospitals at risk of closing. Georgia hospitals provided $1.9 BILLION in uncompensated care in 2017.

Uncompensated care means there was no money flowing in from ANY source. How difficult is that to grasp?

Businesses close every day due to losses. Same for churches and other charitable organizations. Thousands of large retail stores have closed since January, 2023.

Hospitals and other medical facilities are not immune. They make personnel cuts and decrease services until there is no more to cut . . . then they close.

A new report from the AHA highlights the variety of causes that resulted in 136 rural hospital closures from 2010 to 2021, and a record 19 closures in 2020 alone. These include many longstanding pressures, such as low reimbursement, staffing shortages, low patient volume and regulatory barriers, as well as the continued financial challenges associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. Recently, expenses for labor, drugs, supplies and equipment have also increased dramatically, ultimately causing difficulties in maintaining access to care for people in rural communities.
https://www.aha.org/news/headline/2...ospital-closures-threaten-patient-access-care

Only someone with half a brain would believe the fantasy that hospitals can continue to write down bad debt and stay in business.

Medicaid and charity is not blanket protection for anyone/everyone. Both look at your income and assets. I get calls all the time from folks who are no longer eligible for Medicaid and want to know what they can do. Sometimes their income may only be $10 above the cutoff level. This isn't horseshoes where you catch a break for being close.

Hospital debt is calculated after compensation by carriers, Medicaid, Medicare, charity, etc.

If uncompensated care is no big deal, why did 7 rural Georgia hospitals close between 2010 & 2020? As of January, 2021 there were 26 rural hospitals at risk of closing. Georgia hospitals provided $1.9 BILLION in uncompensated care in 2017.

Uncompensated care means there was no money flowing in from ANY source. How difficult is that to grasp?

Businesses close every day due to losses. Same for churches and other charitable organizations. Thousands of large retail stores have closed since January, 2023.

Hospitals and other medical facilities are not immune. They make personnel cuts and decrease services until there is no more to cut . . . then they close.

A new report from the AHA highlights the variety of causes that resulted in 136 rural hospital closures from 2010 to 2021, and a record 19 closures in 2020 alone. These include many longstanding pressures, such as low reimbursement, staffing shortages, low patient volume and regulatory barriers, as well as the continued financial challenges associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. Recently, expenses for labor, drugs, supplies and equipment have also increased dramatically, ultimately causing difficulties in maintaining access to care for people in rural communities.
https://www.aha.org/news/headline/2...ospital-closures-threaten-patient-access-care

Only someone with half a brain would believe the fantasy that hospitals can continue to write down bad debt and stay in business.
They should've had more "covid" hospitalizations....very profitable. :yes:

Stop posting that 1970's shit.

Hospital closures are relatively new . . .at least at these levels.

When O declared everyone would have health insurance he cut funding to DSH hospitals. When his vision didn't pan out he had to backpedal and restore funding. It's bad PR to proclaim free health insurance for everyone and then have hospitals failing.

The Emperor had no clothes.

It's not just a coincidence that hospital closures everywhere picked up about the same time that Obamacare was rolling out.

Elections have consequences.

They should've had more "covid" hospitalizations....very profitable. :yes:

Covid health care revenue actually dropped from 2020 - 2021 and just started picking back up in 2022. Hospitals CANCELLED non-emergency procedures. Fewer scans and lab tests also happened. That meant delayed diagnoses and treatment for cancer and other serious diseases.

People died . . .

Also, provider practices closed due to lower patient load . . . plus a drop in collections.

This kind of shit has been ramping up since 2010 . . . just one economic trap after another and the dominoes start to fall.

I never said wasn’t big deal for hospitals . It’s catastrophic. But you think Sammy Joe or Betty gives a damm about the hospital ? They just care can they keep food on the table or smokes in the mouth

In michigan it's less than 2% that includes state retired people, uaw, school teachers, it's very common for low income mapd people to have a sliding fee for their health care bills

The #1 reason 7 hospitals in rural GA closed because the so called leaders in your State failed to expand Medicaid, something is better than nothing

Back