• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Whatever Happened to ROP Term??

Kansas City Life still offers ROP...The illustration shows not just walk away at the end but Reduced Paid up and Extended Term options.

Mutual of Omaha still offers one.

As was said before, American Amicable and American General do also (just confirming it again).

Are they tough to get appointed with?
Besides them, who else has a good ROP?

I've been using Agent Pipeline for quotes and from what I can tell, I just don't see the value with ROP. Not when the price is 3x the amount without it. I just don't see it.

IMO they would be better off taking the difference and funding a flexible premium indexed annuity or something.

Now one FMO a long time ago told me that ROP actually has an internal rate of return of and I'll quote him of 5%. I can't remember how he explained that one it was so long ago.

I got appointed with them direct, was approved for advances, and all I needed to show was my Medicare Supplement production. I think I started at level 6(not sure)... I also attended their weeklong class at their home office which was very good. GREAT COMPANY

Get appointed direct if you can..

ROP is a ripoff for your client, in my opinion. They will never reach the end of the term, or at least very few do.

Last edited:
I got appointed with them direct, was approved for advances, and all I needed to show was my Medicare Supplement production. I think I started at level 6(not sure)... I also attended their weeklong class at their home office which was very good. GREAT COMPANY

ROP is a ripoff for your client, in my opinion. They will never reach the end of the term, or at least very few do.

Having run the numbers compared to the nonrop term with kcl and the break even on 20 year term is 12 years after that when you factor in the top amount the net premium is less. But it all depends on your client.

With normal term at the end of the term you have 2 options (excluding requalifying) is walk away with with no refund and no coverage or pay ever increasing premiums. With the ROP you still can pay ever increasing premiums, walk away with all your money, have extended term for a period of time or a reduced paid up amount.

Are you confusing them with ONL? What happens if a client quits at year 20 of a 30 year ROP?

Whole Life is a rip off, so is Term and UL. Not to mention Finale Expense and plan N and plan F Med Sups. Do not even get me started on Fixed and Indexed annuities.

Are you confusing them with ONL? What happens if a client quits at year 20 of a 30 year ROP?

Whole Life is a rip off, so is Term and UL. Not to mention Finale Expense and plan N and plan F Med Sups. Do not even get me started on Fixed and Indexed annuities.

Those are almost as bad as routine maintenance on your car, exercise, and eating a balanced diet.

Problem with ROP these last couple of years is the ROP rate is so high now it doesn't make sense. Some of my clients still buy it but I wouldn't.

Problem with ROP these last couple of years is the ROP rate is so high now it doesn't make sense. Some of my clients still buy it but I wouldn't.

Rates have gone up and it is not the deal it was. Another issue is many of the companies do not ROP the riders like they did. It was almost to good before.

Back