• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

What's in Your Presentation/reference Binder?

Guess you haven't written many notes or taken many apps. My pens don't last that long. They run out of ink. But then again, I write a bunch of insurance.

You'll get there. Keep prospecting.

Rick

I hope so. I do have back ups ready. Thanks for the tip about, ah, borrowing them at Dennys. That and of course the sugar packets and crackers.

Dave, I coulda sworn that tgp forum owner always has his policy and annuities on him to show others..

Three thoughts:
1) Just because "RB" does, doesn't mean I have to.

2) Just because I buy something for me does NOT mean it's a good enough reason for someone else to buy it. It DOES show that I "practice what I preach" in my personal life though.

3) My policies have been in force for a few years... and some of my prospects are older than me. Does that mean that they're going to avoid buying because they're older now and it may not do as well as mine?

I might be missing a few sales here and there... but I want my prospect to buy insurance and annuities for THEIR reasons... not because I buy it too.

Three thoughts:
1) Just because "RB" does, doesn't mean I have to.

2) Just because I buy something for me does NOT mean it's a good enough reason for someone else to buy it. It DOES show that I "practice what I preach" in my personal life though.

3) My policies have been in force for a few years... and some of my prospects are older than me. Does that mean that they're going to avoid buying because they're older now and it may not do as well as mine?

I might be missing a few sales here and there... but I want my prospect to buy insurance and annuities for THEIR reasons... not because I buy it too.

It would cause to many questions as why I would recommend a different company to them than I had. If it was different. Also I have several policies.

I suppose that I have a mentality that "what a salesman says isn't worth a tinker's damn". So I like to have proof of whatever it is that I'm saying so I can reference it, if I need to.

I've also included the social security retirement benefits being included in income taxation, as well as the history of when those brackets/limits were set. (They haven't changed since 1993 and I doubt they'll be raised anytime soon.)

Yellow pad, BIC pen with my name and phone number and my wits.

Illustrations are for those who need to feel more confident in what they don't know. My advice is to know every illustration possible for your 2 favorite companies and all you will need is the Target rates.

For quoting purposes I add 10% to the Target every time whether GUl or IUL/UL. The illustration will always look good with that.

Since I sell the need and a want, It is not important to see an illustration. It is important to transfer the desire and reason they are purchasing a CV product. Supplemental Retirement is most popular.

Use Term to fill income replacement, too easy for you to be torn down if you don't.

Back