What's the best way to learn what life policies should be sold to clients?

dbab

Super Genius
Does anyone have some recommend resources that go over what life insurance policies would be the best route for each type of person? For example, when should I recommend a permanent policy over a term policy or what's the best policy for a middle class 30 year old male who maxes out his IRA and 401k each year? Basically, where can I learn about the different types of policies in depth to the point to where I can confidently offer someone the best option based on their current financial status and future goals?

I'm not looking for training on how to sell but training on what to recommend.

Does anyone have some recommend resources that go over what life insurance policies would be the best route for each type of person? For example, when should I recommend a permanent policy over a term policy or what's the best policy for a middle class 30 year old male who maxes out his IRA and 401k each year? Basically, where can I learn about the different types of policies in depth to the point to where I can confidently offer someone the best option based on their current financial status and future goals?

I'm not looking for training on how to sell but training on what to recommend.

How long do they want the insurance to cover them?

If it's just temporary like 1. Until the debts are paid off or until their retirement age that would be a term insurance policy. Covers a large amount for a certain period of years and then ends. The cost is low because it won't pay off unless they die during the coverage term.

If they want it to last until they die like 1. Funeral expenses or estate planning needs that would be Whole-Life or at least Universal Life.

You may want to consider doing some joint work with an experienced agent.
There is a system, called the Kugler system put out originally by Frank Rainaldi, it is not company oriented and explains the difference between different types of policies

I believe it is part of my responsibility to help new people into the business.
Everybody started somewhere's.
We have a specialty practice and most cases brought to us are not good for what we do.
We always have time to sit with the agent and go over this.
I do understand that a lot of time can be wasted on bad appts.

I believe it is part of my responsibility to help new people into the business.
Everybody started somewhere's.
We have a specialty practice and most cases brought to us are not good for what we do.
We always have time to sit with the agent and go over this.
I do understand that a lot of time can be wasted on bad appts.
I think you missed my attempt at humor. :laugh:

Maybe,
There are many agents that dont want to do joint work with newbies.
I think as the agency system has deteriorated over the years, it is harder to find people to do joint work.
When I started I was in an office of over a hundred agents, it ws easy to get help.
Most are detached these days, not so easy.

Maybe,
There are many agents that dont want to do joint work with newbies.
I think as the agency system has deteriorated over the years, it is harder to find people to do joint work.
When I started I was in an office of over a hundred agents, it ws easy to get help.
Most are detached these days, not so easy.
Never mind. :laugh:

Back