What's the Highest Rate on a 5 Year Fixed Annuity?

ohbrother1

Expert
I have a 70m with $180k looking for a 5 year cd alternative. Might not go below A rated but looking at all options.
Thanks!

I have a 70m with $180k looking for a 5 year cd alternative. Might not go below A rated but looking at all options.
Thanks!

RNA is A- and currently at 3% (but is also a fraternal.)

If you can find an extra 20k (high band 200k), Midland is A+ and at 2.8%.

Otherwise you're looking at B++ and little to no liquidity from Athene and Sentinel at 2.85.

If you want all of the above (no fraternal, A- rating at 180k and some liquidity) you can drop down to AE at 2.6%.

(All subject to state availability)

Good luck...

RNA is A- and currently at 3% (but is also a fraternal.)

If you can find an extra 20k (high band 200k), Midland is A+ and at 2.8%.

Otherwise you're looking at B++ and little to no liquidity from Athene and Sentinel at 2.85.

If you want all of the above (no fraternal, A- rating at 180k and some liquidity) you can drop down to AE at 2.6%.

(All subject to state availability)

Good luck...

Don't forget Liberty Bankers Life - Bankers Elite 5 at 3.00%. Downside is the B rating from A.M. Best.

I know ratings are no guarantee of solvency, but they weren't drawn from a hat either. I've never asked a client what is the lowest rating he'd be comfortable with.

I make that decision, and as I've said in another thread, with ~130 companies rated A+ or A++, if I can't give the client what they want from that pool of companies, they'll have to get it from someone else.

I know ratings are no guarantee of solvency, but they weren't drawn from a hat either. I've never asked a client what is the lowest rating he'd be comfortable with.

I make that decision, and as I've said in another thread, with ~130 companies rated A+ or A++, if I can't give the client what they want from that pool of companies, they'll have to get it from someone else.

Not counting captives, I see a grand total of 8 companies that are A+ rated or better, offering a 5 year MYGA. The two that have the best rates (Midland and NA), were mentioned in this thread.

are ratings really that important.. arent there govt insurance programs that protect the clientin the event of insolvency? I dont sell this product class

are ratings really that important.. arent there govt insurance programs that protect the clientin the event of insolvency? I dont sell this product class

Financial strength of a company is hugely important. Especially with annuities.

Some A-rated companies have failed but it's way less likely. State guarantee funds are limited to a small amount and have restrictions on coverage like you can't be a resident of a different state.

You don't want to start out with a weaker company.

Latest posts

Back