When Will You Stop Writing Individual Health?

"...dream on, dream on, dream until your dream comes true."
-Aerosmith

I'm currently dreaming all the way to the bank and plan on doing so come 2014. Indy or no indy my practice is growing well in other areas. I understand many agents got hurt bad with commission cuts from co's such as Aetna, Golden Rule, Coventry and Humana but I can tell you my commissions currently average over 21%. Why sell for Co's that treat you like **** and pay poor commissions?.. I sure as hell wont.

Yupp still optimistic about indy come 2014.

This quote tells it all, HHS needs agents, and people will need agents......at least for a few years. I see pots of gold at the end of the rainbow written on the wall. If no commish, consultative fees, seminar fees and ancillary.

There is no way HHS/CMS or the ins co's will be able to process all of these apps administratively in 3 months.

From AIS Log In to Access AISHealth.com | AIS Health
Quote of the Day [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“There are roughly 40 to 50 million new people who are going to be eligible to purchase health insurance [through an exchange] and another 17 million will come in through expanded Medicaid. That’s roughly 450,000 people per day starting Oct. 1, 2013….That’s like enrolling cities the size of Cleveland, Charlotte and New Orleans every day.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]— Sam Gibbs, president of e-Health Technology/Exchange Solutions, told a recent World Congress Leadership Summit on Health Insurance Exchanges.[/FONT]

Hmmmm . . .

Kind of reminds me of the hype about how PCIP was promoted.

Estimated 4 million eligible.

Estimated upwards of 375,000 would enroll.

Finally invited brokers to assist after more than a year of failing to meet projections. Summarily fired brokers 6 months later.

commissions currently average over 21%.

Sounds like stacking add-on plans . . . dental, accident, CI . . .

Assurant sends emails seems like a couple of times a week on how to maximize commissions by stacking.

Sounds like stacking add-on plans . . . dental, accident, CI . . .

Assurant sends emails seems like a couple of times a week on how to maximize commissions by stacking.

nope no stacking. the Blues in Pa havent cut commissions like eveyone else rushed to do. Aetna cut , GR cut , Health America cut so we stopped writing numbers for them. IBX (phila area)did have a small commission cut starting in 1/1/12 but has a monster bonus schedule on the back end. Also the Blues in Pa pay different than other states. They pay flat rate for each policy sold.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
x2! He's avoiding giving an answer to a legitimate question.

Western Pa we sell Highmark BCBS and UPMC
Central Pa we sell Capital Blue Cross and Highmark Blue Shield
Phila Area we sell IBX
Northeastern Pa we sell BCBS NEPA.

These companies have teriffic products and pay agents fairly. We'll continue to write indy & group prouducts for these carriers as long as we're compensated accordingly. If the commish drops drastically in 2014 we're fully prepared to move to the senior marketplace... yes we currently average OVER 21% commission.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
How so? U made a statement, now release....

How's it going Peeler? Arent you supposed to be playing a round of golf somewhere? You transitioning to Medicare? I sure hope your prepared!

Best Wishes :)

Last edited:
Back