Where did all the healthy people go?

I want guarantee issue in CO!!!!

Be careful what you wish for my friend.

GI means no brokers, and no commission.

GI is NOT the answer - just the opposite actually.

GI ruins the individual market for EVERYONE not just the SELECT FEW that are not healthy.

The best answer is a GOOD RISK POOL (like Texas, which is not perfect of course), and a variety of companies - let free markets rule.

It is harder and harder in California to find healthy people for IFP. Also to mention that in California there are no exclusion riders. My goal is to completely automate application process for individual. It seems in my case the more time I spend with a person trying to help them the more chances of them getting declined for health insurance.

Also I have noticed people with medical issues are not to thrilled sharing their medical history with agents and are a lot more comfortable doing application on their own. In which case they write everything on the including the cut they had on one of the fingers that they had to go see a doctor 15 years ago.

It seems in my case the more time I spend with a person trying to help them the more chances of them getting declined for health insurance.

Also I have noticed people with medical issues are not to thrilled sharing their medical history with agents and are a lot more comfortable doing application on their own. In which case they write everything on the including the cut they had on one of the fingers that they had to go see a doctor 15 years ago.
Good luck that is a tall order.

If they fill it out 100% on their own and leave stuff off they will just get rescinded anyhow, and that's not a game you want to be in.

Not to mention most carrier apps are written so backwards and not user friendly they will click a wrong box which will have severe consequences or never be able to fill it out on their own anyhow.

My research over the years has shown that 90%+ unassisted apps STOP at the payment page anyhow. What - you want me to actually pay for this? I'll just mail a check IF I am approved and at the rate and conditions I want.

Unassisted unless you are EHEALTH moving MASSIVE traffic and spending MILLIONS of other peoples investment money is a pipe dream. You will get a few here and there but in quantity it is very difficult.

We have a good size operation and we only get 5-10 "unassisted" per month - most are uninsurable, the ones that actually get approved end up rescinded because they lied (or it is impossible to fill out the application correctly anyhow...) and EVERYONE fills the application out wrong (effective date choice having impact on 63 day window, split options, etc., etc.,)

It's good to dream though...

Back