Where You Sell Annuities? Office, Home Office, Client's House.

Re: Where You Sell Annuities? Office, Home Office, Client's Hous

I think you mean the back seat.:yes:

Maybe he does mean the trunk. He's never told us the secret of his success. I bet after 5 miles over dirt roads in the trunk of a Miata, a senior is ready to sign anything!

Maybe he does mean the trunk. He's never told us the secret of his success. I bet after 5 miles over dirt roads in the trunk of a Miata, a senior is ready to sign anything!

Except that life policy naming him the beneficiary.

You guys are too funny. I nearly spit out my coffee!

I love it!

"Sorry ma'am, you're too middle class for me. I only work with millionaires and bums. I saw the new Ford you drove here in, come back when it is a Mercedes or a Pinto!"
:D

There just ain't any in-between worthwhile to mess with! The middle class is doomed.:err:

There just ain't any in-between worthwhile to mess with! The middle class is doomed.:err:

Sadly, you're probably right. The middle class is a recent phenomenon. Looks like it might not be a long lived one.
</IMG>

ahaha you guys are stupid!...lol..Seriously, the water trick works to break the ice, I didnt say you have to drink it ! A sip doesnt hurt. I find that when people come to my office they feel that they are more in a financial mode and view you as a profession instead of some life insurance agent.

Please check with local regulation before attempting this as I've heard this is only an approved practice in some rural counties in the Southern States. LOL JK Southerners:idea:

Thanks for all the responses. I posted this thread to get a handle on what seems to work best out there when selling annuities. I'm in the process of moving in the next 6 months and haven't decided whether I will rent an office or put an office in my home. I like the idea of people coming to me since then I know they are truly interested. The jokes are great but some more solid advice would be helpful so I can make my decision. Lets continue this discussion with some good feedback to help my decision.

Rich

Thanks for all the responses. I posted this thread to get a handle on what seems to work best out there when selling annuities. I'm in the process of moving in the next 6 months and haven't decided whether I will rent an office or put an office in my home. I like the idea of people coming to me since then I know they are truly interested. The jokes are great but some more solid advice would be helpful so I can make my decision. Lets continue this discussion with some good feedback to help my decision.

I would like to get an opinion on places that agents sell annuities. Do you go to the person's house? Do you have an office? Do you bring client's to a home office? Want to hear the pros and cons.

Rich

Well, I have already posted my opinion on this, but I will give you a few last pieces of advice:

I think that you are over analyzing this.
(and judging from the lack of responses to your post, it seems most others on here feel the same.... or it could be your lack of interaction in the discussion)

Clients will vary.
Some people are more comfortable having you come to them, and others would rather come to your office.
In my opinion, you need to be able to accommodate both types of clients.

That being said, bringing clients to a home office should certainly be totally out of the question.

My suggestion would be to think about where YOU would rather make your decision at; your home, or your advisors office?
Also, where do you feel most comfortable and professional when working with a client?
Your comfort level will tend to affect the clients when speaking with them; so its an important part of the equation.

Personally, I dont want to be that snobby advisor who works out of his office exclusively and will never step foot in someones home.
I also dont want to be the advisor who exclusively works out of homes and coffee shops because I have no office for the client to visit me at.
(this is unprofessional in my opionion; personally, I would not want to do business with an advisor who is not established enough to have a suitable office for me to come to)

Let me go back to my lawyer/CPA example in my other post, but I will phrase it a different way:
Would you want to do business with a Lawyer/CPA/Tax Attorney who does not have an actual office?
Would you trust them with your financial security and a lifetime of savings?

If your answer is no, then why would a financial advisor be any different?

Even if a client never sees your office; just knowing that it's a real office that they can go to if need be and that its there "just in case" is a huge reassurance to most "home based" clients.

I have heard many agents say "the insurance company is behind the product"..."I dont keep their money in my office".... "if im ever not around the insurance company will be there, so the office isnt that important.." This is a total cop-out in my opinion.
The insurance company is not the one advising the client to move their retirement savings into the annuity, you (the advisor) are. They want to know that the person advising them is just as solid and dependable as the company that they are placing their funds with.

If I where you, I would worry about client acquisition a lot more than about where you are going to talk to them at...

Also, you need to get "sell" out of your vocabulary. The closest term to sell that I will ever say is "purchase".

You can "allocate peoples funds to an annuity", "place a client in an annuity", "place a clients assets in an annuity", "advise a client on annuities", etc. etc. etc.

There should be no "sell" with an annuity. It should be the right product for the client.
After educating them on the product and how its applicable and the best choice for their situation; if done correctly, the decision will be a no brainer for the client, and you will not have to "sell" them on the concept.

You might be thinking that I am splitting hairs, or that Im arguing simple semantics; but its more of the mindset of "selling an annuity", vs. advising/educating a prospect on the choices available and what the best product is for their situation.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back