White Coat Investor makes a conceit:

DHK

RFC®, ChFC®, CLU®
5000 Post Club
What The White Coat Investor Really Thinks - The White Coat Investor - Investing & Personal Finance for Doctors

Whole Life Insurance:

"In reality, I think whole life insurance is a combination of crummy insurance and a crummy investment usually poorly designed and sold inappropriately. However, I fully acknowledge that it has a set of characteristics that can be attractive to a few people and if those people fully understand what they are buying and still want it and make sure the policy is designed to maximize their desirable characteristics, then they should go ahead and buy it. It does have a few niche uses. I also fully acknowledge that there are times when it makes sense to keep a policy that should not have been bought initially."

The key: "Make sure the policy is designed to maximize their desirable characteristics". And to keep a policy they shouldn't have bought... well, if you're uninsurable and/or buying a new policy ends up being more expensive than what you have... keep what you've got.

Wow, I'd have lost money on that one for sure. All its ever been is bash bash bash

Reactions: DHK
If presented and purchased at the proper age and time, whole life makes all the sense in the world. It is the delay caused by people such as this guy who make people put off the purchase until a later date when premiums go crazy

Reactions: DHK
Back