• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Why Are my Mutual of Omaha Medigap Rates So High?

Okay so say that explains United...How do you explain Mutual of Omaha, United world, United of Omaha and the other company names that escape me now.

They are closed blocks of business.

----------

You insinuate that I'm unethical for replacing MoO Plan N with better coverage ...Plan F and saving them $350-400 a year...get real!

You suggest that I'm lazy because I don't spend time trying to sell someone something they don't want...well if you say I'm lazy, then I guess I'm lazy. Some people prefer to drive a Cadillac, even though a Chevy will do.

Just like some agents prefer to sell term or UL over whole life...I prefer to sell Plan F over the others because I know they'll always be happy with it as long as they can pay the premiums, and that's what I tell them.

I can see myself using Plan N more in the future for those that can't afford Plan F and it's a good plan to compete with MA's.

Bottom line is that I'm an independent agent and I'm honest...I'll run my business the way I want to, regardless of what you or your lap dog thinks!

There are some clients that won't budge from a plan F because they don't know any better. I understand that. You on the other hand just seem either ignorant or lazy but thays okay with me. Agents like you make it easier for agents like me... (tail wagging)

----------

No - do you know what the formula is that they use? I only know that my people get different cost share amounts back billed - sometimes even from the same Dr. office. If you can enlighten, I'd be interested in knowing so that I could explain. When we've talked to billing at the Dr. office, they don't seem to understand really either. . . .

----------

No need to be a smartass - just trying to help. Not sure why they wouldn't see it at all, unless they don't know what they are looking at when they do get a bill . . . .My people do see a cost share amount for visits. So, not sure - maybe you're right - maybe the doctor is eating it - but I don't know why they would since they all complain they don't get paid enough. . . . .
It's 20% of the approved amount. Each doctor charges different. I also have clients that dont ever have to pay the copay. Not sure how thay happens...

The latest is Omaha Insurance Company.

I admit to not keeping up with it as I no longer prospect for medsups. My state is community rated with some special rules about moving to another policy of equal or lessor value being GI so price is grisly the only concern and AARP/UHC and the local Blue Cross have the really only competitive rates. Could not stomachs doing business with AARP and the commissions at the blue was just not worth the hassle that and my primary market is still younger.

What do you tell clients and prospects when they ask? Or when they ask "Why are my Mutual of Omaha Medicare supplement renewal rates so high?".

The Mutual of Omaha companies took on all that GI Plan N business which came back to bite them. Those actuaries have been let go by Mutual and a new team brought in.

My agents are still writing business galore everywhere as am I. Now is the time to jump on with Omaha Insurance and the group as a whole.

They are closed blocks of business.

----------

There are some clients that won't budge from a plan F because they don't know any better. I understand that. You on the other hand just seem either ignorant or lazy but thays okay with me. Agents like you make it easier for agents like me... (tail wagging)

----------

It's 20% of the approved amount. Each doctor charges different. I also have clients that dont ever have to pay the copay. Not sure how thay happens...

Ooooh, 3rd grade name calling! I'm really impressed! Tail wagging...is that what you do while you're sitting on Rick's lap and he's rubbing your head?

radiation and/or chemo treatment generally won't generate an office visit charge.

Rad and chemo are usually Part B outpatient charges. Are they not considered a $20 copay?

Rad and chemo are usually Part B outpatient charges. Are they not considered a $20 copay?

Only if the physician bills for an office visit. The office visit billing code is the only thing that will generate the 20. I forget the "billing code"

Similar to chiropractor. Fully covered by plan N unless the chiropractor charges for sublax AND an office visit. Talked to one not long ago. They said they rarely charge Medicare for the office visit. Not sure why. My client told me that they agreed not to bill for office visit...

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

Back