Why don't IMO's promote referrals?

If you see a lot of people & position yourself as an expert, your clients will refer you without being asked. THOSE are the kind of referrals you hear about being worth their weight in gold. Not the "names" you'll generate from a clever one liner.

I am just under two months since flipping the switch to full time with a standing lead order. Three of my sales have been referrals. In each case, the clients called me after they had received their policies and told me i "have to call so and so cause he/she/they need insurance." One sale was two policies (husband/wife) and the other two were single policy sales. I wish I could "order" 25 of those leads each week!

And I am sure it works. If some dry spring weather ever arrives to the Northeast, I would like to block off a few days, grab a list of age 60-79 $15K to $40K names and see what comes from a solid couple of days of wrapping knuckles on a door jamb. I doubt I'll have the time, though.

First I have to catch up to the DM leads I have piling up. I must be slow, because I hear these heavy hitters say that they could work 20 leads in a couple of days and that 25 or less is part time, and you should work to build your lead order to 30 then 40, and even 50 per week in some cases. But lordy I just do not believe they are actually getting eyeball to eyeball with all 20 or 25 before they are tossing some of those leads. It is a lot of work getting 20 people to answer their door so I can confirm they either want insurance or they want me to #%@$ off. But I paid $30 for that card, and I'm going to make sure I know which is what before I toss the lead.

I have done over $25K my first 2 months, and I could easily not take another lead the whole month of April and not run out of folks to talk to. At this point, I'd almost rather buy out all the leads they currently have in inventory for me, and ask them to hold my mail until I legitimately work my way through at least half of them. And the funny thing is, I get so many non-English speakers, and leads with no phone numbers that seem not to know how to answer a door, that I often feel my 25 leads per week is really only 15 or 20, and maybe I need to order more or order some TM leads in addition lol. Then I look at my growing stack of leads, come to my senses, and head out the door.

I must be slow.
Keep in mind that I have never run leads on a consistent basis but it seems there will come a point of diminished return on the leads that are piling up. You will reach a point where you will spend more time trying to contact the lead that won't answer the door, etc. than it is worth. Be better to set the lead aside and order more fresh leads. I would like to see the thoughts of some of those that work leads regularly on this.

Keep in mind that I have never run leads on a consistent basis but it seems there will come a point of diminished return on the leads that are piling up. You will reach a point where you will spend more time trying to contact the lead that won't answer the door, etc. than it is worth. Be better to set the lead aside and order more fresh leads. I would like to see the thoughts of some of those that work leads regularly on this.

Always, always, always, always get fresh leads. Old leads are for filling out your day when you couldn't fill it with fresh ones.

Did I mention, always get fresh leads? Whether that is purchased, referrals, door knocks, what have you. You always need to be putting fresh names in the top of the funnel. How to get fresh names and the quality of various sources is a different topic.

I have never skipped a lead order, vacation, carrier trip, imo convenion just keep them coming. I’m still running a major excess right now but it always evens out.

And I am sure it works. If some dry spring weather ever arrives to the Northeast, I would like to block off a few days, grab a list of age 60-79 $15K to $40K names and see what comes from a solid couple of days of wrapping knuckles on a door jamb. I doubt I'll have the time, though.

First I have to catch up to the DM leads I have piling up. I must be slow, because I hear these heavy hitters say that they could work 20 leads in a couple of days and that 25 or less is part time, and you should work to build your lead order to 30 then 40, and even 50 per week in some cases. But lordy I just do not believe they are actually getting eyeball to eyeball with all 20 or 25 before they are tossing some of those leads. It is a lot of work getting 20 people to answer their door so I can confirm they either want insurance or they want me to #%@$ off. But I paid $30 for that card, and I'm going to make sure I know which is what before I toss the lead.

I have done over $25K my first 2 months, and I could easily not take another lead the whole month of April and not run out of folks to talk to. At this point, I'd almost rather buy out all the leads they currently have in inventory for me, and ask them to hold my mail until I legitimately work my way through at least half of them. And the funny thing is, I get so many non-English speakers, and leads with no phone numbers that seem not to know how to answer a door, that I often feel my 25 leads per week is really only 15 or 20, and maybe I need to order more or order some TM leads in addition lol. Then I look at my growing stack of leads, come to my senses, and head out the door.

I must be slow.

Yeah I wasn't saying the Jones' system works well, just that they do it. I also can't imagine, it's a full time job just to gather your weekly leads to work.

How many times will you knock a lead that doesn't answer? Most that get 30, 40, 50 probably set appointments, but guys like Kuhn knock and I think get that many leads. I wonder if he knocks anyone more than 3 times before throwing it into the inventory stack. Like Louis said, diminishing returns..

Yeah I wasn't saying the Jones' system works well, just that they do it. I also can't imagine, it's a full time job just to gather your weekly leads to work.

How many times will you knock a lead that doesn't answer? Most that get 30, 40, 50 probably set appointments, but guys like Kuhn knock and I think get that many leads. I wonder if he knocks anyone more than 3 times before throwing it into the inventory stack. Like Louis said, diminishing returns..
I was originally taught to doorknock all the leads. But if I couldn't catch them by the third try, I attempted to reach them by phone. After that they went in the aged lead file.

I used to schedule 4 or 5 appointments each day on Wed and Thursday. Then when I got stood up, I would punch in an address that was close to where I was that never answered the phone and I door knock them.

When I met Doug in Thailand, he told me how he works DM leads. He schedules them much closer together, maybe an hour apart. Then when you get stood up, and you pretty much always do once or twice a day, you just go to the next appointment. I have found when I have to call and tell them I am running behind, they like the fact that I am so busy. When you do eventually get there, maybe that same day but more often the next day, they tend to be lay downs.

I now schedule 7 to 8 appointments on Wed, full well knowing I will never get to all of them. I schedule a light day on Thursday, maybe 3. Then I will go to the ones I couldn't get to the day before. It works well for me.

I used to schedule 4 or 5 appointments each day on Wed and Thursday. Then when I got stood up, I would punch in an address that was close to where I was that never answered the phone and I door knock them.

When I met Doug in Thailand, he told me how he works DM leads. He schedules them much closer together, maybe an hour apart. Then when you get stood up, and you pretty much always do once or twice a day, you just go to the next appointment. I have found when I have to call and tell them I am running behind, they like the fact that I am so busy. When you do eventually get there, maybe that same day but more often the next day, they tend to be lay downs.

I now schedule 7 to 8 appointments on Wed, full well knowing I will never get to all of them. I schedule a light day on Thursday, maybe 3. Then I will go to the ones I couldn't get to the day before. It works well for me.
Anyone tried the cable repair appointment strategy.. Tell them you will be there between 9-12 or 12-4? How does that work?

Back