Wins Recap for April!

Do you still run into a lot of smokers?

It is rare that I get a cigarette smoker. I get more weed smokers and occasional cigars. Especially over 60 and middle + income.
I believe it was you many years ago (2009ish) who was talking about TransAmerica accepting dope smokers. That advice did help me write biz here. haha not sure about these days what's good in life ins....going to find out soon. Next week going to another state for some training on annuities and other things....need to have options in the bag again just in case.

On a side note, caregiving for a sick child, same here only mine is 26 yrs old (4 hospitalizations in past few years over 20 days each), and I inherited a grandchild 3/4 days a week after her dad passed away (my 1st month back in the biz medicare side). I kept thinking when my kids were grown I'd have more time to devote to this....nope. I have though, gotten much smarter at juggling it all.

Sorry to hear this is a thing for you too now :(

Not a bad month, ended with 30ish enrollments (3 still processing/pending). 20 ISNP, 2 DSNP, 8 T65, one under 65... a bunch in the funnel for this month.... expecting another big month this month. And in the middle of May, out to another state for more training. AND training one new agent (from P and C she made the leap), taking her to meet FMO fam and get extra training for both of us on a few newer to us products. Im happy with my first 2 and a half yrs in Medicare. Got settled into the new role and nabbed many opportunities going forward.
April didn't start for me until April 15th. I was out of town traveling hard for a few months with adult child who has disablility. So those numbers aren't every month. I also had help with the ISNP submissions. It takes a team to roll hard. Certainly didn't do that on my own. So those that complain about their FMOs not doing anything, that's not the case here. They help tremendously all year long. I pick the phone up and they ask what I need and then they come through.

June though, I'll join the rest of the vacationers again. Pure Michigan fun. I go hard af for a few months then rest and play with fam, then do it again hard. July August set aside for honing new skills and planning the Fall/Winter.

Much of this is due to my FMO. I'm a hard worker, but they did me many solids. Credit is largely due to them.

I believe it was you many years ago (2009ish) who was talking about TransAmerica accepting dope smokers. That advice did help me write biz here. haha not sure about these days what's good in life ins....going to find out soon. Next week going to another state for some training on annuities and other things....need to have options in the bag again just in case.

On a side note, caregiving for a sick child, same here only mine is 26 yrs old (4 hospitalizations in past few years over 20 days each), and I inherited a grandchild 3/4 days a week after her dad passed away (my 1st month back in the biz medicare side). I kept thinking when my kids were grown I'd have more time to devote to this....nope. I have though, gotten much smarter at juggling it all.

Sorry to hear this is a thing for you too now :(
The devil's lettuce - many companies have adjusted their stance on rec use. Mostly it falls to usage per week or month and edibles v smoking. Smoking rates are killer. A lot depends on how much pops on the labs. Many of my deals are in the +- 60 yr olds so exams and labs are common. I have a couple of deals pending on 60 & 70 yr old gummie users that I am hoping for STD NT. There are a lot of old stoners out there. AIG for rec use has been good to me, especially at a $million plus. I am trying out PacLife also.
My FU Brokerage has an in-house underwriter that I'll run these past.

Kids - yeah, I have friends that are in your boat grandchild wise. Definitely changes your availability or lack of.

Sounds like you have gone through some heavy changes. Sorry.

My son is 30. After transplant he and I will be living in a small hotel style room for three to six months. On either the Stanford or VA campuses. We butt heads on a good day. It's going to be challenging.

I can not think of another business _I_ could do this in. I can start and stop as I choose. Only work a couple of hours a week if I choose. I don't sell, I'm more of a facilitator now. I don't think I will fully retire for a while. I would day drink to much. Or more.

Back