Working directly with Transamerica

Whammer1249

Expert
I was a full service financial advisor for 14 years. I then went to work directly with Transamerica Agency Network (the old Monumental Life.) I've since branched out on my own to fully independent. After a few years of that, my question...Why, why, why, WHY is Transamerica so difficult, absurd, and nonresponsive to deal with? I have placed business with over a dozen carriers. Yet somehow, if I have an issue, Transamerica is the only carrier in which it is literally impossible to have an intelligent human in customer service to deal with? Sorry for the rant. Just went down multiple Trans rabbit holes today and can't understand what is with that company.

I was a full service financial advisor for 14 years. I then went to work directly with Transamerica Agency Network (the old Monumental Life.) I've since branched out on my own to fully independent. After a few years of that, my question...Why, why, why, WHY is Transamerica so difficult, absurd, and nonresponsive to deal with? I have placed business with over a dozen carriers. Yet somehow, if I have an issue, Transamerica is the only carrier in which it is literally impossible to have an intelligent human in customer service to deal with? Sorry for the rant. Just went down multiple Trans rabbit holes today and can't understand what is with that company.
sometimes current companies failing at customer service is because they had too much sales success in the past. Sometimes in insurance that success was because of agressive pricing, liberal underwriting, too high of marketing costs, etc.........................and today we are sometimes seeing how that plays out long term for clients & agents when the pricing assumptions dont pan out like they had planned. Expenses are reduced to try to correct the out of whack expense ratio & sometimes that comes in the poor customer service. seeing alot of it in general today. All conjecture on my part, but many times it is a math problem. the carriers that had the math right are laughed at for being overpriced or too strict in UW in the great times & the math problem exposes some during the not so great times

Latest posts

Back