Working Your DM Leads

perk44

I recently did a Medicare mailing through LC. I have not done DM in a while so I am looking for a little input on how some of you work your leads. I call my leads to set appointments. I prefer to do it myself. I don't have a issue with setting appointments, I am good on the phone. The issue I am having is reaching people. I get the results I want if I am able to reach people. I vary my call times in order to reach people who are still working. I have a hunch that a lot of people are screening their calls. So with that in mind, do you guys leave a message on their voice mail? If so do you receive return phone calls? If you don't leave a message do you do something else? Like mail them something. With the return on DM being what it is. I hate the thought of wasting a single lead. I know some of you will say you just stop by their house. I used to do this in the "old" days and have no problem doing it now. But I am in Ohio and unsure if the lead card gives me permission to do so with our new laws. So if there is a fellow Buckeye that reads this and knows the answer let me know.

Thanks in advance

what was your return rate per 1,000? What ages did you mail too, allot of T-65 are still working, I work FE leads and find Saturday morning to be golden..

I am finding a high percentage of my DM leads to be screening their calls. Since I want to talk to lower income folks to sell dual eligible Medicare Advantage Plans I believe it is to be expected. I do end up calling days, evenings and weekends so I am certain it is true. After 4 or 5 times calling with no results, I give up, get in the car and knock on their door with lead card in hand. So far this year, I have been welcomed in to talk or a future appointment has been made each and every time.

I am finding a high percentage of my DM leads to be screening their calls. Since I want to talk to lower income folks to sell dual eligible Medicare Advantage Plans I believe it is to be expected. I do end up calling days, evenings and weekends so I am certain it is true. After 4 or 5 times calling with no results, I give up, get in the car and knock on their door with lead card in hand. So far this year, I have been welcomed in to talk or a future appointment has been made each and every time.

Could I ask why u are specifically looking for those ppl??

My clients call me when they receive these cards and ask if everything is really changing with Medicare like the card says. I assure them if anything changes I will let them know. They then throw these cards away or if they have already sent it in before calling me then they do not answer the phone or the door if the agent knocks on their door. I can say I haven't lost 1 client to a lead card for at least 5 years. I have also not sent out 1 lead card for at least 10 years. I can see a new agent having to do it but an established agent should get enough referrals they don't have to spend money on DM.

I recently did a Medicare mailing through LC. I have not done DM in a while so I am looking for a little input on how some of you work your leads. I call my leads to set appointments. I prefer to do it myself. I don't have a issue with setting appointments, I am good on the phone. The issue I am having is reaching people. I get the results I want if I am able to reach people. I vary my call times in order to reach people who are still working. I have a hunch that a lot of people are screening their calls. So with that in mind, do you guys leave a message on their voice mail? If so do you receive return phone calls? If you don't leave a message do you do something else? Like mail them something. With the return on DM being what it is. I hate the thought of wasting a single lead. I know some of you will say you just stop by their house. I used to do this in the "old" days and have no problem doing it now. But I am in Ohio and unsure if the lead card gives me permission to do so with our new laws. So if there is a fellow Buckeye that reads this and knows the answer let me know. Thanks in advance

I used to never leave a VM. Now, I call all my leads and don't leave a message. My second or 3rd time through I definitely leave a message and I make it vague. Something along the lines of, "hi this is Chaz, I received a card in the mail back from you in regards to your upcoming Medicare. Call me back, I have some important info for you "

Sometimes I get calls back

Back