• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

1st Month in Business: 14 Sales

Impressive!

How much of your success is sold over the phone vs. face to face? If you don't mind me asking, what method do you use to get leads?

I've seen success taking applications both over the phone and face to face. However, the ones that were taken over the phone had a much higher percentage of not being issued. I do blame this on my lack of understanding the business. I work with an agency who provides my leads for me. Truthfully, I dont know how they get their leads... I think somewhere cheap. I am going to continue the face to face selling for a while before i try over the phone again.:cool:

Yes, but most of the training I have recieved is after I have found a problem or question that I needed assistance with. The support is definitely there.

Then that's not really what I would consider "training".

When you hear of someone being trained on a skill set, you would assume they are taught everything that is needed to do their job at a satisfactory level, right?

Yes, but most of the training I have recieved is after I have found a problem or question that I needed assistance with. The support is definitely there.

Without training you are going to "sell" a lot that never get returned. Encountering a problem you don't have an answer to most frequently translates into a lost sale. It may help you the next time you experience that same exact problem but that may be a long time.

It will take you a very long time and a lot of lost sales before you ask enough questions and encounter enough lost sales before you end up knowing the answers you should have received during training.

Without training you are going to "sell" a lot that never get returned. Encountering a problem you don't have an answer to most frequently translates into a lost sale. It may help you the next time you experience that same exact problem but that may be a long time.

It will take you a very long time and a lot of lost sales before you ask enough questions and encounter enough lost sales before you end up knowing the answers you should have received during training.

Thats true Frank, last month I did lose quite a bit of sales. :mad: I am going into my third month now. I am receiving training, both formal and informal, and feel more confident every week.

Thats true Frank, last month I did lose quite a bit of sales. :mad: I am going into my third month now. I am receiving training, both formal and informal, and feel more confident every week.
Keep it up mate, keep learning, keep working, keep positive!

Last edited:
Back