2009 MA Commissions

The new date I think is the 15th or 18th, I am too lazy to check, but I have been told by 2 carriers that I would still be pleased with the compensation.

We'll see if their version of pleased is the same as mine.
I do believe it is the 15th. Not holding my breath:no:

Here is something from an email from my FMO just now..

[FONT=&quot]Commission[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A new twist…CMS continues to be concerned with replacements, which they are calling churning.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The regulation allows six years of compensation with the first year being allowed at 200% of the next five years.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]However…CMS has said that for 2009 all enrollments will be considered 2nd year renewal. If this holds, commission for 2009 will be level for all five years.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Good news[/FONT][FONT=&quot]…we are hearing from carriers that they plan to make the five year pay out very attractive![/FONT]

I do believe it is the 15th. Not holding my breath:no:

Here is something from an email from my FMO just now..

[FONT=&quot]Commission[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A new twist…CMS continues to be concerned with replacements, which they are calling churning.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The regulation allows six years of compensation with the first year being allowed at 200% of the next five years.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]However…CMS has said that for 2009 all enrollments will be considered 2nd year renewal. If this holds, commission for 2009 will be level for all five years.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Good news[/FONT][FONT=&quot]…we are hearing from carriers that they plan to make the five year pay out very attractive![/FONT]

They should. They are not going to have to pay for 5 years. In most cases, these plans will be gone in 2 years and they won't have to pay the agent anymore.

They are concerned with churning. I don't believe it will affect changing a new client and getting 1st year commish.

It's too bad that the good are punished along with the sleezes. It's easier than just identifying churners and punishing them.

I'm glad to start the move to financial services.

Its so funny, that they calling it churning as if its a negative thing.

100% of my MA clients are seeing an increase this year. Either the premium, copay, or drug costs are going up.

A new plan has entered into the counties I work, and blows all the plans out of the water. For the sake of my clients I will be enrolling them in this new plan.

Is that churning, or doing the right thing?

And i bet you contact your clients and let them know there premium is being increased as well. If that's the case you are churning you own business LOSER. You have no class!!

And i bet you contact your clients and let them know there premium is being increased as well. If that's the case you are churning you own business LOSER. You have no class!!

And you don't keep up with your clients and what they are having to pay? What if they have a huge rate increase? Do you just say, "Oh well", and hope they won't switch to a new agent because you're not servicing them? And you have the audacity to call him a 'loser'?
:skeptical:

Now why would you say something like that ??

If I can save my clients money by offering a product that is equal or better than what they have got already, I do not consider it churning.

Churning is selling a different product to someone just to make a commision. Hakim has the right idea. He is looking out for his clients best interest. I would do the same thing.

You might consider taking a night class in ESL.

It's "you're an *** too."

You once again don't have the brains to know the difference between YOUR and YOU'RE. Also, it's AN (not A) before a vowel. And you call other people "***?"

You don't actually talk to people, do you?

Rick

Are you an English Professor ??? :twitchy:

Back