• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

3 Reasons for Sending in the Reply Card

I just ordered my first 1,000 mail drop from lead connections. They were mailed on July 11th and my first card came back on Friday, July 25 and i received the 2nd lead card today, Monday, July 28th. Unfortunately I used the E-64 (my mistake obviously) and both have been total broke deadbeats, lookin for gubmint benefits for free. One lady was only aged 50 which I don't understand since I limited to mailing to ages 58 to 75.

By the way, Chris and his mother at Lead Connections were great to deal with, very professional, kindly answered every dumb question I had and made the whole process easy for a beginner like me.

I ordered a second round last week but switched to the E-179 card. I hope to receive higher quality leads, people who understand that life insurance is actually purchased, maybe they will even have bank accounts.

I've been using the E64 for almost a year now.

I've been using the E64 for almost a year now.

Me too. If you give 'em all the full pitch you'll be surprised how many buy. As a newbie I would try to think of every appt as practice time. Don't listen to a word they say and give them a full presentation. I would recommend the E64 to give you the maximum number of leads. The "life insurance" leads that I have run in the past have given me the same ratio of Derps to laydowns. Writing Life insurance on the lead doesn't change the market you're sending the lead to. My experience has been that leads are a lot like spinner baits. More are sold because they are attractive to the fisherman than the fish.

Last edited:
Me too. If you give 'em all the full pitch you'll be surprised how many buy. As a newbie I would try to think of every appt as practice time. Don't listen to a word they say and give them a full presentation. I would recommend the E64 to give you the maximum number of leads. The "life insurance" leads that I have run in the past have given me the same ratio of Derps to laydowns. Writing Life insurance on the lead doesn't change the market you're sending the lead to. My experience has been that leads are a lot like spinner baits. More are sold because they are attractive to the fisherman than the fish.

I couldn't agree more. I never heard it put that way. Lead companies are pitching to US. We are their customers. If it looks shiny to us, we buy.

I couldn't agree more. I never heard it put that way. Lead companies are pitching to US. We are their customers. If it looks shiny to us, we buy.

I agree but with a caveat when it comes to running and dropping "blind" lead cards such as the e-64. It really has more to do with your area you are working than anything. For instance if you drop the e-64 pretty much anywhere in GA you can bet you are gonna get your ass handed to you in deadbeats, no shows, and criminals. If you do manage to write them they are a freaking chargeback waiting to happen. I can only go by my experience in the Southeast, your mileage may vary depending on where you are located in the country. All FE prospects are not the same and all leads or lead generation methods are not the same, again just my exp.

I've been using e64 in GA ...When I address the card they've sent in I say "as it says on the card you mailed in there are state regulated benefits...because you know the ssi only pays $255 when you die..." and then i recite the rest of the "life insurance" lead

The demo sending these cards in are not different as far as I can tell...I've only had a few criminals, the deadbeats are mostly in projects or debit cards...

I have been meaning to thank JD for the "Three Reasons"..I know it is probably not original to him but he is the one that preaches it on the forum and is the one that "taught" it to me..... I do not run leads but have found it can be just as effective when you get in front of a prospect by other methods, canvas, referrals, etc. Once you get in the house and get situated, simply say, "Mrs. Jones... most people that agree to sit down with me do so for one of three reasons....(insert three reasons) ....... Which of these applies to you?"

If you get an answer, and most times you will, you can zero in on what is on your prospects mind instead of going through a long presentation trying to create need in an area in which they have no interest. It definitely has helped me, so thanks JD.

I've been using e64 in GA ...When I address the card they've sent in I say "as it says on the card you mailed in there are state regulated benefits...because you know the ssi only pays $255 when you die..." and then i recite the rest of the "life insurance" lead

The demo sending these cards in are not different as far as I can tell...I've only had a few criminals, the deadbeats are mostly in projects or debit cards...

Not in my exp, they are way way different. You gotta have the three M's. The right Message, to the right Market delivered by the right Media. Any gap in the chain will cause a failure. There is a better way than using stinking thinking and relying on an e-64 blind deadbeat card to make a living in FE. I would be willing to bet dollars to donuts when you compare any blind FE lead card to ANY other message regardless how it is delivered to the respondent, you will always surely have less chargebacks. Again, I think area marketed to has a lot to do with this. I leave the option open to change my mind in the future, it is possible but not probable:biggrin:

Not in my exp, they are way way different. You gotta have the three M's. The right Message, to the right Market delivered by the right Media. Any gap in the chain will cause a failure. There is a better way than using stinking thinking and relying on an e-64 blind deadbeat card to make a living in FE. I would be willing to bet dollars to donuts when you compare any blind FE lead card to ANY other message regardless how it is delivered to the respondent, you will always surely have less chargebacks. Again, I think area marketed to has a lot to do with this. I leave the option open to change my mind in the future, it is possible but not probable:biggrin:

I TOTALLY agree with you! Having a lead that says "Life Insurance" and "that pays your final expenses" on it has made it possible for me to average 30k in AP monthly.

The right lead has also made it possible for me to write over $40,000 a MONTH in AP 2x this year...

# Love my Direct Mail Lead:yes:
# Can't wait to kill it in August

I agree but with a caveat when it comes to running and dropping "blind" lead cards such as the e-64. It really has more to do with your area you are working than anything. For instance if you drop the e-64 pretty much anywhere in GA you can bet you are gonna get your ass handed to you in deadbeats, no shows, and criminals. If you do manage to write them they are a freaking chargeback waiting to happen. I can only go by my experience in the Southeast, your mileage may vary depending on where you are located in the country. All FE prospects are not the same and all leads or lead generation methods are not the same, again just my exp.

What percentage of returns are you getting in GA or elsewhere using "blind leads vs leads with "Life insurance" on them?
In my experience, some agents just want to get in front of people and then the sell themselves. Some agents want the prospect to know why they are there or at least have some interest in the product. I prefer the later myself.

This is critically fundamental in bold.

Vanilla, unspecific cards worked better for me in small towns out of dodge.

They were HORRIBLE in the hood.

In fact my response rate was 3.8%(!) in the hood in Chattanooga; but dear Gawd, no body could sell these piece of crap leads. And if you did, you'd be praying that they'd stick (which most ended up falling off).

You see, that's the whole problem I have with these leads.

You are marketing a message of FREE STUFF to a group of people who like SOMETHING FOR NOTHING.

Do you REALLY expect the quality of business to be better with a message like that? Hell no!

And if you want a lead SO unspecific, SO vanilla that you don't care what the card says? You need to start offering free commemorative Obama plates and Confederate Flags with replies. Then we can start yielding 3% to 4% per 1000 dropped.

New agents, do yourself a favor. Stick with cards that deliver the right message (life insurance) to the right audience (people with a need for it), versus the wrong message (state regulated plans) to the wrong audience (people who LIVE THEIR LIVES wanting something for nothing).

Back