8:00 Am Too Early for Telemarketing?

There are a number here that posted...take the average and look at it. I personally call on what I would prefer....treat others how you would like to be treated. Your question was "is 8am too early to call"....that is a question that will only obtain subjective answers. The answer according to the government is yes, 8am is a legal calling time. Is it an effective time to call is a different story.

If you really want that answer, you need to find analytical data specific to your target audience that includes not only answers but success rates by time frame. 8-9am may be a great time to make contact but it also may be a low success rate because people are rushing out the door to work and can't/won't talk. Those surveys are based off of people like the ones who posted here just in larger volume. Of course the results won't matter though because it doesn't matter that 71% say they want calls after 10am because 29% like them earlier which validates your "Sunday sales" so do what you want and don't ask for opinions that you are only going to refute. Looking at the common responses here, there is probably a niche for people that call before 9am and after 7pm...go get them!

Let me clarify a bit.

This is for Medigap only. I have had my telemarker start @9am.

My question stemmed from a telemarketer that I spoke with a few months back. She stated she started@ 8:30 and got many of her leads from the early morning. I was surprised to say the least.

So I agree with how everyone "feels" about the 8am call. I was curious if anyone's experience was similar to the telemarketer I spoke with.

Thanks for the replies.

Back