800 Number for Comcast VOIP & T-Mobile VOIP

Dumping AT&T becaus etheir service s*cks. I am getting Comcast with Internet, basic office TV and 1 VOIP line. I may add a second line for $10 a month with T-Mobile.

I will have 2 800 numbers that I need forwarded because Comcast and T-Mobile's VOIP does not have 800 service.

Ring Central or what other companies? Can I move my 800 number to Ring Central? Thanks to all in advance. :)
I've used OPEX (find them on Google) for 2 years for all my inbound 800 calls and my bill has averaged $6 a month. I've been on MagicJack for 18 months for outbound long distance and that runs about $20 a year. I have a small USB headset that works pretty well in the field when my laptop can get a wireless connection. The only downside to a VOIP setup like that is sending faxes. It receives pretty well but sending is an issue. I've ended up scanning documents and sending them as email attachments at times.

I've used OPEX (find them on Google) for 2 years for all my inbound 800 calls and my bill has averaged $6 a month. I've been on MagicJack for 18 months for outbound long distance and that runs about $20 a year. I have a small USB headset that works pretty well in the field when my laptop can get a wireless connection. The only downside to a VOIP setup like that is sending faxes. It receives pretty well but sending is an issue. I've ended up scanning documents and sending them as email attachments at times.

You are seriously able to use magic jack? all of the reports I keep hearing are horrid. dropped calls, bad call quality. etc.

Thanks for the tips. :)

I wonder if OPEX will transfer my 800 number from AT&T? Can I ask what internet provider you are using.

The person in the next message mentions he heard problems with Magic Jack. My impression and info I got from people at TMobile is that Cable internet like Comcast or others has more bandwidth than a basic DSL line. The cable internet I guess has more bandwith.

I tried 8x8 on an AT&T DSL and it was not good. It was using an 8x8 phone.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
You are seriously able to use magic jack? all of the reports I keep hearing are horrid. dropped calls, bad call quality. etc.

I think it comes down to cable internet or DSL. Cable supposedly works better due to extra bandwidth. DSL burst with lots of upfront bandwidth then it drops.

Another possible cheap option is T Mobile. If you have a cell phone with them, you can add a VOIP line for $10 a month. You have to buy one of their routers for about $40. I have heard it is pretty good. I will know soon.

Last edited:
Back