A.H.I.P. Certification Was Crazy This Year!

yellowbirdnj

Super Genius
:goofy:This AHIP was crazy for 2013. I did all of the moduals and still only got a 90%, to which all of you know, is just passing. Everyone in the office had problems with it too. You only get 3 chances too. Did anyone else have problems with AHIP this year.

:goofy:This AHIP was crazy for 2013. I did all of the moduals and still only got a 90%, to which all of you know, is just passing. Everyone in the office had problems with it too. You only get 3 chances too. Did anyone else have problems with AHIP this year.

I skipped over everything and got 92. I didn't think it was much different at all. Humana's cert on the other hand was a bit trickier then years past. I would suggest when it comes to them do the practice tests a few times before you take it.

No different than the prior few years. AARP was the biggest PITA. I only did it for the renewals. I don't expect to sell them at all in the future.

Rick

I agree I thought it was a little more difficult as well. Plus I had to take the damn thing twice, because when I clicked submit my wireless internet decided to suddenly disconnect and knocked me offline.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I skipped over everything and got 92. I didn't think it was much different at all. Humana's cert on the other hand was a bit trickier then years past. I would suggest when it comes to them do the practice tests a few times before you take it.

yes Brian, that is very good advice and I agree. If one takes the practice test 10 times, they will basically see all the possible questions they will get. The Humana cert was definitely not one you could pass without doing this in my opinion. Way too many trick questions.

Last edited:
I found AHIP to be same old - jumped the gun and went through UHC - only saved 50 bucks - Coventry Health has a reimbursement of the other 100 if your certified early - Brians advice is good - my stance is go through modules and answer practice questions! If you can click through and pass the practice questions - you should pass - I did with flying colors - but passing is passing - Reality is you have to know this stuff to maintain compliance!

Back