A New Way to Enjoy This Forum

O'Reilly is always quick to point out that he is not a Republican.

Al, I agree with some of what you say. I recommend Glenn Beck's new book to you, An Inconvenient Book. Good conservative stuff that will drive you up the wall, but with a great deal of humor. He takes Al Gore to task for being the pompous ass that he is, but that is only in the first few pages. He then moves on to take on everyone else.

If you want to keep debating us, you will need that under your belt or you will not be able to figure out where some of the inside jokes are coming from.

I thoroughly enjoyed Beck's book. Hard to put down one I picked it up.

I disagree with his "suggestion" that we must be a christian nation. You can easily be moral and not believe in god.

However, I tend to agree with him most of the time about the economy. I'm somewhat (okay, a great deal) more liberal about social issues.

Rick

The fact that a vacuous narcissistic middle-aged guy with no experience and no leadership abilities got elected to the Presidency because he can give a good speech is mind-blowing.

Have you seen the crap on television that targets the youth of this country? Have you listened to any of their music? We've dumbed down society quite a bit from 20 years ago.

We've dumbed down society quite a bit from 20 years ago.

Actually, I think it has been going on for much longer than that. If you read letters home from common soldiers in the Civil War, the vocabulary is light years beyond the 8th grand levels that are accepted today. I doubt that most high school seniors could get through those letters without a dictionary.

But you are right. In the last 20 years it has gone from merely dumber to something truly base. Another of the indicators of a democracy which history tells us all fail at some point for just these reasons.

Democracies depend on a well-educated and intelligent electorate. Thank you Acorn for pushing things just a bit further down the slippery slope.

Back