A New Way to Enjoy This Forum

SoCalBroker

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Es Muy Bueno ...

ScreenShot062.jpg

Es Muy Bueno ...

While es is OK here, I think I would have used esta as the verb.

estar refers to condition
ser to a essential characteristic

la mazana esta verde means the apple is not ripe
La manzana es verde means the apple is green

If you want to say how something is you use estar. if you want to say what something is you use ser

Como es ella? Ella es callada...What is she like. She is quiet.

Como esta ella? Ella esta callada. How is she acting. She is being quiet.

ScreenShot062.jpg

Good solution. I urge all of you who truly hate me (or what I post) to do the same. It makes sense. Why read postings that are only going to raise your BP?

Of course the better solution would be to persuade Sam to ban me from the venue. He's been approached on that before and maybe if you make a really good case you will be able to accomplish that this time.

I mean... it's what you right-wingers do... ban books, ban minorities from voting, ban women from terminating a pregnancy, ban condoms, ban rock and roll, ban anything and anyone you disagree with. (Of course when someone bans something that you are in favor of like prayer in schools, you go postal!)

I'm convinced that a lot of you shed a tear every day because you were born way to late to be part of Mao's Cultural Revolution. You right-wingers would have loved it. Art, literature, religion, politics, education, drama... nothing you (the Red Guards) were opposed to was allowed out in public (or even in private.)

Boy, did you guys miss your calling and a place in history that you can only dream about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also as he would have said, "Don't Be a Pinhead" bumper sticker on its way to you.

I met Bill briefly in June of 2004 at the BookExpo (I attend each year with my "press hat" on. It is in NYC this year.) Bill was doing his show from the convention floor (actually outside of it in the lobby (of Javits, I think.) I had a press-badge (I was a "stringer" for a number of syndicates outside of the USA... I wrote on business topics for them). Bill must have been having a bad day because he was beating the crap out of the lighting crew, his makeup girl, the director, and everyone. He didn't care who heard his foul language and ill humor.

Be that as it may, I don't understand why everyone in both parties considers Rush Limbaugh the intellectual force of the conservative movement (if not the Rep. Party) when it is obvious to me that Bill has a greater intellect and grasp of the issues. I disagree with him (duh!) but he is at least respectful to most of his opponents and does not pander to baser instincts of the conservative movement (i.e "The Magic Negro" kind of thing.)

I became a conservative when I read AuH2O's book Conscious of a Conservative in 1963 when I was junior in high school and worked at the Republican local storefront blowing up balloons. (At the time Long Island was very Republican.) When he came to New York to campaign in 1964, it was the thrill of my young life to meet him when he spoke to the volunteers at the office.

Of course he never had a chance in New York and the choice of his running mate (William E. Miller... who?) and his "extremism is no vice" quote didn't help anywhere else... not a year after an "extremist" had killed JFK.

It is funny how you conservatives always elect people who betray you. We all thought Reagan was a conservative but you know he never scaled down the government. Bush-1 said "no new taxes" and raised taxes! And George W. Bush fooled everyone with his "compassionate conservatism" message. We always found him to be compassionate, but he was hardly a "conservative."

In your eyes we liberals may elect mediocrity... but they are who we get. You knew what you were getting with Clinton and you knew what you would get (and are getting) from Obama. Maybe that was the problem with McCain. No one knew where he stood on anything. I don't know. But like him or not (and with 99% of you on this list... its a NOT!) the President is doing pretty much what you all expected him to do. He is going to use the force and weight of the federal government to change things... maybe not for the better as you guys see it, but he is doing what he thinks he was elected to do.

I still think most of you would be happier living in Canada or maybe China. The next eight years are going to be absolute misery for you (and no, Obama will not be another Carter... talk about wishy-washy!)

You guys are out in the cold until 2016. Stay warm.

Al

Last edited by a moderator:
By the time things have to banned in public, it's too late. If kids are taught properly in the home, they will know what to do (or not do) in public. I see evidence of virtue even now. I have hope in the younger generation(s). Probably too little, too late.

I always find it interesting that people who consider themselves "liberals" like to talk about how "right-wing" nazis are always trying to ban free speech...but yet it's always liberal college campuses who are the ones to squelch any speech that they feel is not politically correct...or the democrats in congress who are trying to squelch conservative talk radio.

Conservatives typically prefer the free exchange of ideas because, well, they win. Liberalism is feel good lunacy.

Obama's 4 year presidency will be Jimmy Carter's second term. It's unfortunate the American people have to relearn the same old lessons over and over again. Didn't help that McCain was such a sorry candidate. The fact that a vacuous narcissistic middle-aged guy with no experience and no leadership abilities got elected to the Presidency because he can give a good speech is mind-blowing.

Back