AARP Medicare Supplement

Plan J will not be available for purchase, but if they currently have that plan, they can keep it. If they change out of it, they can't get it back later.

Of course depending on the premiums, I will look into your advice. Too late right now, I am seeing double. Been a long day!

Plan J will not be available for purchase, but if they currently have that plan, they can keep it. If they change out of it, they can't get it back later.

Of course depending on the premiums, I will look into your advice. Too late right now, I am seeing double. Been a long day!

Keeping Plan J may not be a good decision for your clients. Companies will no longer be selling that plan, however, claims will still keep coming in.

I would not recommend to my clients that they keep a plan that is no longer being offered. If they get out of J they will not want it back.

Frank, what happens to a person who picks "J" now since it is cheap, and later on their health becomes an issue, they want to get out due to escalating premiums, but cannot switch due to their health. What plan can they pick / What are their choices.

Gerry

Frank, what happens to a person who picks "J" now since it is cheap, and later on their health becomes an issue, they want to get out due to escalating premiums, but cannot switch due to their health. What plan can they pick / What are their choices.

Gerry

In California they can change plans every year on a GI basis. For the other 49, their screwed.

Rick

Gerry

Then that becomes a real problem. When their health becomes an issue they may only have one option, AARP. All of the standardized plans have health questions.

You said "what happens to a person who picks "J". I really don't let the prospect "pick" a plan. The prospect is looking to you for guidance and help. You are the professional and as such it is up to you to recommend the plan that is going to be the best one for them.

Although a lot of agents don't believe it, most people do not like making decisions. They want help. They want a logical reason to follow the agent's recommendation.

If they were capable of doing that themselves they probably wouldn't need you. If I let a prospect "pick" they are most likely going to make a bad decision.

Most of the time the reason I'm talking to them about their Med Supp it is because they made a bad decision or the agent let them "pick" a plan.

IMO, it makes little difference what plan you put them in at this time because all of the plans currently on the market will "close" next spring and all of the t-65's and healthy people will eventually end up on the new plans.

And from my experience there is usually a company that will introduce a supplement with lenient underwriting. There is one right now that accepts rheumatoid arthritis AND insulin. Quite a few seniors have one of those conditions.

Here in MI Blue Cross Blue Shield of MI (the dominent player in the state) is coming out with Med Supp plans A,C & F this fall and best of all since they are the insurer of last resort they will be guarantee issue! From what they tell us commissions will be competitive and they will pay full commission on a Blue to Blue transfer something they don't usually do. It's going to be a hot product in MI this fall!

Back