• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Advice on Carriers

My experience only:

FORESTERS

Bad: Claims
Ugly: CLAIMS

Thank you. My IMO said they prefer Forresters when I said I wanted to add Settlers. Settlers was my first choice. But I have no experience with either and was fishing for opinions on both to make my choice.

Thank you. My IMO said they prefer Forresters when I said I wanted to add Settlers. Settlers was my first choice. But I have no experience with either and was fishing for opinions on both to make my choice.

I would focus more on getting 15 face to face meetings this week. Carrier choice is way down the list for me. My first carrier that I wrote was Motorists Life. Were they the most competitive? Nope. Would I have been able to put clients in a "better" position? Probably. Do I like asking myself easy questions? Absolutely. Pick a company to write, and get in the field. It will all sort itself out. Just get in front of people. Strap an app on a dog's back and he'll make sales if he sees enough people. Carrier selection is a luxury reserved for active producers. :yes:

I would focus more on getting 15 face to face meetings this week. Carrier choice is way down the list for me. My first carrier that I wrote was Motorists Life. Were they the most competitive? Nope. Would I have been able to put clients in a "better" position? Probably. Do I like asking myself easy questions? Absolutely. Pick a company to write, and get in the field. It will all sort itself out. Just get in front of people. Strap an app on a dog's back and he'll make sales if he sees enough people. Carrier selection is a luxury reserved for active producers. :yes:

Yep -- get out and SEE THE PEOPLE first, then worry more about which carriers you have SECOND.

Hey thanks. I am on a solid lead order with a good appt setter and am actively presenting between 12 & 15 times per week. Have been 8 months with the same carriers. I'm looking to expand my carriers.
I am contracted with Trinity, 5-star, RNA, Transamerica, and Gerber. I don't use RNA for much and don't like to use Transam unless it's copd standard or a younger healthy couple I can sell on the ADB. And while I like 5-star, their fear of antidepressants knocks them out a lot. I prefer POS interview. I produce on average between 1500 and 2000 ap per week. I miss some sales not having more to offer. So I'm looking to expand. But hey, thanks for the advice. It's really helpful. ;)

Hey thanks. I am on a solid lead order with a good appt setter and am actively presenting between 12 & 15 times per week. Have been 8 months with the same carriers. I'm looking to expand my carriers.
I am contracted with Trinity, 5-star, RNA, Transamerica, and Gerber. I don't use RNA for much and don't like to use Transam unless it's copd standard or a younger healthy couple I can sell on the ADB. And while I like 5-star, their fear of antidepressants knocks them out a lot. I prefer POS interview. I produce on average between 1500 and 2000 ap per week. I miss some sales not having more to offer. So I'm looking to expand. But hey, thanks for the advice. It's really helpful. ;)

Personally, I wouldn't fool with Settlers OR the independent order of the foresters. I'd just add AETNA (AmCon) and be done with it.

Hey thanks. I am on a solid lead order with a good appt setter and am actively presenting between 12 & 15 times per week. Have been 8 months with the same carriers. I'm looking to expand my carriers. I am contracted with Trinity, 5-star, RNA, Transamerica, and Gerber. I don't use RNA for much and don't like to use Transam unless it's copd standard or a younger healthy couple I can sell on the ADB. And while I like 5-star, their fear of antidepressants knocks them out a lot. I prefer POS interview. I produce on average between 1500 and 2000 ap per week. I miss some sales not having more to offer. So I'm looking to expand. But hey, thanks for the advice. It's really helpful. ;)

Settlers will fill in a few holes. Your younger ages where you want a POS decision. Your e-cig smokers. Your 10pay, 20pay Single pay people. Your Medicaid people who have been told not to buy whole-life insurance. Your ALS people, your really small upgrade cases. Your people with grandkids that like the free grandchild rider.

Personally, I wouldn't fool with Settlers OR the independent order of the foresters. I'd just add AETNA (AmCon) and be done with it.

Good advice. I ran into a cirrhosis case over a year past treatment yesterday that I was thinking of adding them for. Other Niche of AmCon?

----------

Settlers will fill in a few holes. Your younger ages where you want a POS decision. Your e-cig smokers. Your 10pay, 20pay Single pay people. Your Medicaid people who have been told not to buy whole-life insurance. Your ALS people, your really small upgrade cases. Your people with grandkids that like the free grandchild rider.

Thanks. I first thought Settlers too. But was confused when my imo advised against them in favor of Forresters. Thought maybe I'd check here to see if there was validity to his advice.

Good advice. I ran into a cirrhosis case over a year past treatment yesterday that I was thinking of adding them for. Other Niche of AmCon? ---------- Thanks. I first thought Settlers too. But was confused when my imo advised against them in favor of Forresters. Thought maybe I'd check here to see if there was validity to his advice.

Tell your up line to explain how in the world he thinks Settlers and Foresters are interchangeable. Those are about to two most opposite companies you could get.

Has he ever had a day in the field?

Tell your up line to explain how in the world he thinks Settlers and Foresters are interchangeable. Those are about to two most opposite companies you could get.

Has he ever had a day in the field?

I may have read him wrong. He said SNL okay but "not a fan of Settlers at all ... pick up Forresters and Liberty Bankers". Which I looked at Liberty. I want to stay with -A rated or better. Liberty is a B rated co.

Back