• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Aetna Continental Life Vs New Aetna Med Supp

It was the current MoO offering. If memory serves me correctly they had a 6% reduction in year two on their Plan G.

You follow them more than I do. Didn't the raise rates but introduce a new, higher HH discount?

my clients thought I was some kind of god!

tdtess-3.JPG

Aetna lowered the rates on plan G on new and existing business a couple of years ago

Which "Aetna"?

Did they introduce a new carrier (AHL, CLI, ACL) about the same time?

When they rolled out AHL in Georgia a few years ago they RAISED existing rates on CLI policyholders 9.5% then offered NEW applicants rates 25% less than CLI rates.

You follow them more than I do. Didn't the raise rates but introduce a new, higher HH discount?

Yes, they had a normal rate increase and then offset that by adding a 12% HH discount. The discount only requires that they are married or living with someone 60 or older for at least 12 months.

Tony.png

Have you ever seen a carrier lower rates in the first year?

Yes. Aetna (actual Aetna) did a rate decrease KY in March 2016 on a couple of plans including G, and increased Plan F.

Are you suggesting the ratio applies to each policy written? Or a block of same/similar plans?

The ratio applies to the block, typically on a statewide basis. Companies are prohibited from implementing individually targeted rate increases.

Last edited:
Back