• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Aetna Grandfathered Policies

Re: Aetna

So.... Bottom line they are under the radar.... Laying low in the weeds.....wtf are they up to.... Thanks for the responses ladies

TaterPeeler, sorry, I didn't know that your question about AETNA was serious! All of us were sent an encrypted e-mail this week. Your secretary probably forgot to pass it along to you.

Anyway, I can't copy/paste an encrypted e-mail here on the forum, but here's a news story that explains AETNA's strategy regarding 2013 renewals.

Aetna Seeks To Avoid Obamacare Rules Next Year

It looks like what I was told last week is coming true. The (few) major national health insurers will be working together on several fronts to beat back this Obamacare assault on America anywhere and everywhere that it makes sense, and is legal, to do so.
-Allen

Huff post Allen? .... Really ? Why in gods name would I even know how to find that website..... Thank you for the article though... I just seem to have a communication gap wit my etna people

Huff post Allen? Thank you for the article though... I just seem to have a communication gap wit my etna people

No sweat Taterstud. Always honored to assist the big forum contributors whenever possible.

Don't worry about your lack of communications from Etna. They'll be pulling the plug on most of us in short order.

Humbly yurs,
-Allen

This article references group plans, but says nothing about IFP

The Aetna email that I quoted on this thread, and which was reprinted in the article, was about group renewals, and said nothing about IFP. I have not heard anything about Aetna's renewal plan for IFP post 1/1/2014.

The Aetna email that I quoted on this thread, and which was reprinted in the article, was about group renewals, and said nothing about IFP. I have not heard anything about Aetna's renewal plan for IFP post 1/1/2014.

I sure it will vary a bit from state to state, but Aetna announced today that they are seeking a 25% rate increase for their Maryland individual plans on 1/1/2014.

Story: With health law looming, one large insurer wants a 25 percent premium hike
ac

The comments on that article are why I know our knowledge will still be needed.

No knowledge will be needed to click "accept". The marketplace is designed to get everyone into a plan. Nothing ever mentioned the "right" plan. Brokers evaluate myriad facts from their clients and utilize years of training and experience to evaluate current market offerings to arrive at the best outcome. Marketplaces just provide an outcome.

Ever see someone with a convertible towing a trailer?

Back