Aflac Vs. Farmer's Insurance

These companies are not HIRING you, the are HERDING you. It's a cattle call, do not feel special but being offered anything with either company. They take everybody and see what sticks.

Since you're young and a recent college grad I'm think you won't need a lot of money to live off so try to find a producer in your area and learn the rope first.

So I've been interviewing at some companies as I'm a recent college graduate. Aflac has already offered me a position and I already have a second interview lined up with Farmer's so there's a good chance they'll be offering me a position as well.

It seems to me that Farmer's is the way to go as they offer advanced commissions on sales and have more policies to offer customers. It also seems like going with Farmer's is a bit more recession-resistant as they offer auto and homeowners insurance where Aflac only does supplemental health and life. On the other hand, Aflac has 90% brand recognition and won't require me to open my own office within a year of being hired and hold me liable for a $74,000 subsidy. Also I'd only need my life and health license to work for Aflac where as id need life and health, property and casualty and series 6 and 63 licenses to work for Farmer's. Neither company is offering to pay for my licenses, so i'd have to pay ~$500 to get licensed for Aflac and ~$2,000 to get licensed for Farmer's.

So basically, I'd like if members could share any insight with me as to how they feel about these companies: good, bad, or indifferent? Are either of these companies viable career paths or should I be looking elsewhere entirely? I live in California btw.

Thank you all very much!

If you live in CA, then why do you have an Alabama flag? lol
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The Duck has fleas...

Yeah, that insurance is for the birds!

Last edited:
These companies are not HIRING you, the are HERDING you. It's a cattle call, do not feel special but being offered anything with either company. They take everybody and see what sticks.

Since you're young and a recent college grad I'm think you won't need a lot of money to live off so try to find a producer in your area and learn the rope first.

If you are breathing you qualify with either one of these comnpanies.

Back