• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Agent Leaving Industry

What kind of clients do you have? Health, Life, P&C? I guess I am wondering why you just don't keep up with the clients you already have for renewal / referral business you can produce on the side?
But definitely keep the license active.

Actually life insurance is not the same as P&C. Less service and less request for coverage change ie auto policy. Do not worry so much about E&O insurance when you leave just make sure the company assign the policies to a good agent.

This is actually a very irresponsible statement. While the risk may be lower than P&C, so many thing can happan, you at the very least want a tail to give you defense against being wrongfully acused. For example if someone didn't have life insurance, but then this person and spouse met with you exchange emails, etc etc -- never got the policy, then a death occured some years later, are you going to pay for your own defense of do you want the defense of an insurance company? Do you have $50,000 to defend yourself? Don't be foolish to save $$$, you will be as foolish at the people who had dependents and never bought life insurance.

As far as the E and O I think what you need is called a trailer policy. Call the e an o company tell them you are leaving and they can offer coverage for 5 years or so for a percentage of what it would have cost per year?

The only reason I know is because when I bought my agency I got in some discussions regarding the previous owners e and o and my e and o.

That little statement above is worth the price of admmission to this forum. I may never need this but it is nice to know

Back