Agents Going Out on Good Friday?

Yeah there are about 150 words in the KJV that we no longer use, but most people that read any Shakespeare would be able to understand the meaning in context. That is why there were 7 updates to the KJV, to update the language. But the last time we tried that, they went off the deep end IMO.

So having to define some words is not that big of a deal to me. Plus once you've read the Bible through a time or two, it becomes a non-issue.

I used to be in the other camp. Got saved reading the NIV and used the ESV for years personally. Then when all the different versions starting flooding the market and I noticed verses being completely different compared to other versions, I decided to study the issue out.

I believe the Greek mss behind the newer versions have been corrupted, based on my studies, which have been extensive. Again, I didn't start my walk in the KJV only crowd. I'm here by conviction.

That's interesting. My extensive studies led me away from KJV onlyism. I read your post and you sound like me 20 yrs ago.

There are two Sabbath days on Passover week. In John 19, it refers to it as a High Day. Also, think about the ladies buying spices and preparing them. That is considered work and they would not have been able to do it on Saturday. Christ died on a Wednesday. Thursday was the High Day Sabbath. Friday the ladies would have bought and prepared the spices for his burial. Saturday was another Sabbath. Then early on the first day of the week they went to the tomb, but He was already risen. If you line up all 4 gospels, it is easy to see. Plus, Jewish tradition or not, Christ himself said he would be in the grave 3 days and 3 nights. It's Catholic tradition that says Christ died on a Friday. I understand the confusion as it said the next day was the Sabbath. But as you well know, Catholics place more importance on Church Tradition than the Scriptures.

Catholics place equal importance on scripture and tradition because the first 400 years of Christianity was mostly tradition based. The Catholic bishops had yet to put the bible as we know it in place. All we had in most parts of the world was tradition handed down by the disciples. Most people couldn't read and the different books were spread out in libraries in the major centers of the Christian world. Eventually the bishops decided which books should be included and which should be left out at around 400 AD. There would be no scripture for us to read and we wouldn't know it was sacred without the Catholic Church declaring it to be sacred.

Sent from my iPhone using InsForums

Back