Agents in PA

J.R., here is another alternative:
Special Care

This is an example of the benefits and services offered with Special Care coverage.
Hospital Expense CoverageChemotherapyCoveredInitial accident or medical
emergency careCoveredInpatient hospital room and board and ancillary services21 days per benefit periodMaternity and newborn careCoveredOral surgeryCoveredOutpatient diagnostic services
(in a hospital setting)$1,000 maximum per calendar yearRadiation therapyCoveredRoutine gynecological examOne per calendar yearRoutine mammogram screeningOne per calendar year for all females over 40 or when physician recommendedSurgical servicesCoveredMedical-Surgical Expense CoverageAnesthesia servicesCoveredAssistant surgeryCoveredConcurrent careCoveredConsultation servicesMaximum of one per consultantEmergency accident or medical careCovered within 24 hoursInpatient medical care21 days per benefit periodMaternity servicesCoveredOral surgeryCoveredOutpatient diagnostic services
(in a hospital setting)$1,000 maximum per calendar yearOutpatient medical visits$10 copayment; maximum 4 visits per calendar yearPreventive servicesCovered according to schedule in contractRoutine gynecological examOne per calendar yearRoutine mammogram screeningOne per calendar year for all females over 40 or when physician recommendedRoutine newborn careCoveredSecond surgical opinionCoveredSurgeryCoveredTherapy servicesCoveredTransplant servicesCovered*Precertification required.
Note: This is a brief description of the health care benefits available under this Plan. For complete information, consult your Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania and Highmark Blue Shield Subscriber Agreements.
This summary is an abridged overview of the benefits covered by the traditional plan. This summary highlights general features and is not intended to be a substitute for the terms, provisions, limitations, exclusions and conditions imposed by the controlling contract(s). Since benefits are reviewed annually and are often modified, if there is a condition that you are treated for on a regular basis, be sure to inquire about your specific coverage needs.
dot_disclaimerline.gif

About Us | Careers | News Center | Notice of Privacy Practice | Privacy & Security Statement | Terms & Conditions

Thanks for the info Arnie. I looked into the Adult Basic, Special Care and Blue Care today and I am not impressed with the 2 latter plans, although I do like the prices.

J.R., the Special Care program is administered by BX of Northerastern PA.
The Adult Basic is administeredby the PA DOI. I hope that this helps.

Thanks. The waiting list for Adult Basic is verrry long, but a pretty solid plan considering the alternatives.

Give me a call when you get a chance.

Will do. Still waiting for the FBP info. Somewhere in the back of my mind I believe that there was or is another DOI plan with a much shorter wait list if any at all. I'll try to find it.

Will do. Still waiting for the FBP info. Somewhere in the back of my mind I believe that there was or is another DOI plan with a much shorter wait list if any at all. I'll try to find it.

If you do find out something more that we have not discussed yet, I would appreciate the info. I will be talking with the client this evening.

Should have the info tomorrow in th A.M. Regarding another PA DOI plan----my bad. Must be the kool-aid! What I found is that an individual can purchase the adultBasic at the cost to PA DOI while on the wait list. The benefits are exactly the same asthe adultBasic. I believe the price is about $305 per month.

Should have the info tomorrow in th A.M. Regarding another PA DOI plan----my bad. Must be the kool-aid! What I found is that an individual can purchase the adultBasic at the cost to PA DOI while on the wait list. The benefits are exactly the same asthe adultBasic. I believe the price is about $305 per month.

I appreciate the info Arnie, but let me stop you right now so you don't waste anymore time. Here's the story.

She can go with the Blue Care Cooperative plan for $664.53 per quarter for the full package ($221.51 p/month), the Special Care package for $425.60 ($141.870 for the full package and both plans earn a C+ in my book and do not cover pre-existing conditions for the 1st 12 months.

The only other option is the Adult Basic (GREAT PLAN) for $336.69 p/month until she gets approved within 1-2 years at which the plan will only cost her $33.50 a month. This plan does cover pre-existing conditions according to what the individual I spoke with at 1st Priority Health.

This ladies parents are paying over $700 a month for an overpriced MEGA plan and I will be able to reduce that premium over 30%. We are good to go here. I would like to know where you got your numbers from as I got those figures today. Would be nice if they were actually lower.

If you know of any options I would appreciate the info. I have already looked at some tentative group rates/rules and not much to go on there.

Can anybody tell me the pros/cons of joining a local Chamber of Commerce to obtain health insurance? My experience thus far with any type of association based (consumer associations mind you) health insurance pan has been with AARP, IEEE, and a few other organizations. In a nutshell, those plans are overpriced and the benefits are not the greatest either compared to the individual market. Thoughts???

J.R., I just sent you a PM regarding the FBP situation. With regard to adultBasic, I got that info off the PA PowerPort website www.state.pa.us/. It appears that young lady is between a rock and a hard place. I will see if I can come up with any suggestions. As you said, the Chamber of Commerce plans are not great.

Back